Noise on Emerald Deck?

CruiseNerd1000

I've recently received an upgrade to a balcony cabin on the Emerald Deck on the Regal Princess.  I've never stayed on this deck (which is right above the Promenade deck) and was curious if noise is an issue.  We have been moved to E531, and it appears to be above/near the Wheelhouse Bar.  Anyone ever stayed in that cabin or in the vicinity and could give me some insight on the noise level?  Thanks!

We were in a cabin located above the Princess Theatre and it was noisy during rehearsals and shows.  Whether there is loudish music in the Wheelhouse Bar, I don’t know, but it would not surprise me if it makes its way up to the cabins directly above.  Personally, I’d avoid deck 8 if at all possible.

3 minutes ago, CruiseNerd1000 said:

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

I like balconies too and always get one.  It’s tough to turn your nose up to an upgrade but you have to be careful about what’s being offered.  We once had an upgrade to a mini-suite and thought that would be great but it was under the buffet and kind of noisy.... should have stuck with our original booking.

1 hour ago, CruiseNerd1000 said:

I've recently received an upgrade to a balcony cabin on the Emerald Deck on the Regal Princess.  I've never stayed on this deck (which is right above the Promenade deck) and was curious if noise is an issue.  We have been moved to E531, and it appears to be above/near the Wheelhouse Bar.  Anyone ever stayed in that cabin or in the vicinity and could give me some insight on the noise level?  Thanks!

Based on measuring the distance from the aft stairways on the deck plans E531 is over the passageway between Princess Live & Wheelhouse Bar so the location would be great for me. Once on the Regal we got a free upgrade to E711 which had a more concerning location just outside the starboard entrance to Vista Lounge & doors to the outdoor Promenade deck...if was fine for us.

On the Royal had E436 over the Crooners Bar & again had no issues from noise.

My Royal-Class experiences on Emerald deck have all been good & would gladly stay in E531 particularly as a free upgrade. 👍

If you’re still concerned have read of passengers who have received free upgrades & found a location they liked better in the same cabin category. By contacting Princess they have been allowed to move to the same category which is BW (Balcony Obstructed) for you.

BF756923-92FB-4014-A919-7F0FA1DE347F.jpeg

1CCB39B0-30EF-4532-AB55-AAD99B8CC812.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CruiseNerd1000 said:

Thanks for your input and measuring skills.  🙂  Love the picture, that's quite the find!

There’s a contributor to this board (Renmar) who has a site for Princess obstructed view cabin photos (click on the “Obst-View” tab):

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Princess

Edited by Astro Flyer