Saga River cruises - Eastern Europe

lissie

I've only just found Saga cruises (thanks to their sensible vaccination policy) - and they popped up in a search for river cruises  in Ukarine and Eastern Europe. I'm looking for options in Sept 2022 as we will (maybe/hopefully) be arriving in Europe late Aug 22 from a cruise we have tentatively booked. 

We've not been to Eastern Europe and not been river cruising so it seems like an opportunity to tick off some big ticket items.  I found the usual suspects and then added up what Viking would cost us - although our travel budget is very underspent at the moment - that s a lot of money.  We're looking at cruises Budapest- Bucharest and   Bucahrest - Kiev (Saga is a actually a return from Kieve to Odessa and back) 

Saga is coming out exactly 1/2 price - and that's before  a discount I'd get for the included air transfers which we wouldn't need. The itineraries are identical- the inclusions seem very similar (drinks with meals, some excursions, wifi, gratuities) . I get that the Viking ships are "prettier"  - but given that you spend most of your time seeing Europe not the ship - that doesn't really matter to me. 

What am I missing?  I understand its an over 50s cruise line (we fit that criteria) - I checked the fine print and they do take non-UK residents.