Hopefully Last FCC Has Been Applied

Djptcp

After 4 HAL cancellations, most recently our April 11, 2021, all of the FCC we are entitled to from the 4 cancellations has been received. We have an 11-day Rotterdam cruise booked for Dec. 2021 and a 7-day Rotterdam booked for Feb. 2022. Originally booked with Verandahs we were able to upgrade to Vista Suites on both thanks to the FCC. DH and I are so ready to cruise and looking forward to our Dec. cruise especially as it will be our first cruise since late Feb. 2020. We had our first vaccine shot and the second will be next week and we have an official CDC Covid Vaccine Record to show cruise lines if needed.

We have also dealt with 4 cancelled Carnival cruises and have had the last FCC applied to a 7-day cruise in Jan. 2022 with a nice upgrade.

I can't thank our HAL PCC here since we can't give names, but she has done a fantastic job in carrying us through the maze of cancellations and FCC during the past year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Djptcp said:

........I can't thank our HAL PCC here since we can't give names, but she has done a fantastic job in carrying us through the maze of cancellations and FCC during the past year.

I would like to echo your praise for my HAL PCC as well.  I lost eight HAL-booked cruises and booked three still active.  I cannot imagine how many cruise cancellations my PCC had to process.  With vaccine on the horizon and the pent up need for cruising, my HAL PCC remains swamped with new bookings for 2022.

The HAL PCCs may not be essential workers in the eyes of state governments but they are truly essential to dedicated HAL cruisers that count on them to keep up with both their cancellations and new bookings.

Our May 2021 Mediterranean cruise on the Westerdam was cancelled when HAL made their pause-extension announcement on January 6, 2021. Today HAL issued our FCC for the deposits (FCDs) which we'd applied to that cruise. Our cancelled prepaid shore excursions were also refunded by HAL within three business days.  Getting the FCCs issued within three weeks is very good in my book. Great work by our PCC and the HAL back office.

Just made our first booking for a HAL cruise for April 2022 without any FCC. Felt good! Nice to get the freebies with the View and Verandah Sale plus $100 OBC. After this cruise we'll be ever so close to 4* Mariners.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, so much for not having to deal with any more HAL cancellations. I guess I spoke, or rather wrote, too soon. Received notification today that the cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam that I just booked (see post before this one) has been cancelled due to redeployment of the ship. To make a long story short, DH and I will each receive $75 onboard credit for our trouble if we rebook a cruise between Jan.-April 2022. Contacted my PCC by email to tell her on which cruise to rebook us. We'll try for the April 3, 2022 Rotterdam. At least it happened while the View & Verandah Sale was still going on. New booking for a Verandah in similar location (deck 7) is $109 more on the Rotterdam than it was on the NA.