Remembrall

tuolumne couple

To have it all, or feel as if you do. To get to the point of embarkation, all agitated and excited, outside of yourself and generally so stoked to be embarking that you cannot sit still. To drink that ship in, if it is new, or to feel welcomed back if you have sailed her before. To feel as though you know each rhythm, each cadence, each motion , every step that brings  you closer to luggage, ship, cabin, steward, home, spa, meal, comfort, deck, and sea. To watch that giant piece of land float by you, slip below the horizon. To see that sunset/ sunrise, to have that weightless feeling of levity, unencumbered by work or worry. To fall asleep in that bed/deck chair, or be invigorated by the action on the ship. To meet your table mates, go to wine tastings, luncheons, cooking classes, checking out the dining room menu, booking excursions. To walk the deck, and seeing passengers  known by newfound nickname only. Meeting and keeping friends.  Booked, and waiting, to have it all. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have always loved cruising, but I have to say, all the anticipation and planning is always so exciting for me.  So when we can start cruising again, I will appreciate all those things even that much more for sure.

Tuolumne couple, thanks so much for posting this, well said for sure.

• Like 4

Thank you Tuolumne Couple, I enjoyed your post too.  I cannot wait to board a ship - you are right, the excitement you feel when you walk across that gangplank . . . and now the anticipation of sailing once again, won't that be so wonderful and to think I took it all for granted.  I will have a new appreciation when I once again board a ship.  May things improve worldwide.  As my mother always says "don't wish your life away" but I can't wait for this all to be in our past.  Here's to better days!  

• Like 2