Legend Vista Suite aka Aft Wrap balcony

Kermit426

Booked this bucket list cabin on the Legend out of Baltimore for June 2022. Tell me your experience, did you find this type of cabin worth it? Pros, cons, suggestions.  Hubby, self and teen son on this trip.  We love sitting on deck at the aft just watching the wake. Previously just cruised in regular balconies.  

Thanks!

They used to be called the 9A's and B's and we always booked one for the size of the balcony and the lay out of the cabin however some came with a couch and some do not.  Depending on location on the ship the balcony could or could not be covered and people above can look down on your balcony dependent upon if you book a lower floor. While this may be a negative for some, our only negative is that they can be very hot in the daytime but great for laying out and tanning but nothing beats the sail away from this balcony. Will continue to book

Which deck? There are a few layout differences based on the specific deck. 7298 has a separate bedroom with a door! That is a big deal to me when traveling with my daughter. My understanding is that at least one of the decks doesn’t have the same layout. 

The Vista Suites on the Spirit Class ships are my absolute favorites!

• Like 1

There is only really bad thing about those Vista Views. Once you have stayed in one, no other balcony will do! Aft wraps on the Spirit class ships are our absolute favorites. We prefer deck 4, as it has a large overhang to protect from sun and rain. Deck 4 cabins have 2 separate rooms, 2 tv’s, and 7 floor to ceiling windows. We walk down 1 flight of stairs and we are at the dining room. Vibration in the back of the ship doesn’t bother us, and I can listen to that wake churning up all day and night. I predict you will have a marvelous vacation in a Vista View!

2 hours ago, Doctorsbaby said:

Which deck? There are a few layout differences based on the specific deck. 7298 has a separate bedroom with a door! That is a big deal to me when traveling with my daughter. My understanding is that at least one of the decks doesn’t have the same layout. 

Deck 5 is the only deck where the suites are one room. Deck 4 has the overhang.

Karen

We got the only available cabin left which is on deck 7. Has the separate bedroom, so with our teen sharing the cabin was a big plus. I will definitely have to try the deck 4 sometime with the added shade, sounds awesome. We have never cruised out of Baltimore,  but since we are only a little over an hour away in PA, the airfare savings made this upgrade even easier. Thanks everyone for your insight.

We have sailed in 4228. What a fantastic cabin. It is covered by the overhang from deck 5 so nobody can look down on you. Has the separate bedroom and sitting spaces. Also a nice walk-in closet and a huge vanity outside the bathroom. We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Doctorsbaby said:

We've stayed in that cabin several times and it is awesome.

The only down side is you're two decks below Lido and two different times we had stuff dropped down on us. One time, a guy threw ice out of his cup, when I got up from my chair and looked up at him like, really dude, he just said sorry and one other time, lounging out there, someone decided to throw their onions from the Mongolian Wok down which landed on my leg.

It's a great cabin regardless and would always book it given the chance. Best cabin in the Spirit class.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, finoky said:

We have sailed in 4228. What a fantastic cabin. It is covered by the overhang from deck 5 so nobody can look down on you. Has the separate bedroom and sitting spaces. Also a nice walk-in closet and a huge vanity outside the bathroom. We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Were there any vibration issues in that cabin.   I've stayed in Vista suite 4237 on the Pride and it was pretty bad at night trying to sleep.

4 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Were there any vibration issues in that cabin.   I've stayed in Vista suite 4237 on the Pride and it was pretty bad at night trying to sleep.

There will be some vibration during our cruise but we found it to be minimal. It was most noticeable during docking.