A Different View of the end of Lift and Shift...

Instead of being upset at the end of the Lift and shift policy.... Does anyone beside me think that it could signal the actual beginning of cruising again May 1??

Let's try to be positive....

We are booked May 22, 2021 I am trying to remain positive.  My question is no doubt if they are starting the engines on May 1 no way they will sail at more than 50% capacity by May 22 so how is it going to be determined who goes and who gets cut???

We are mixed, would be great to cruise on a ship half full but I don't want to mask up and more importantly I don't want to be stuck with the masses and forced into ship based shore excursions.  So if this is the case I would want to pass and try my luck next year.  

Just trying to figure out how that would be handled???

Positive vibes to be sailing again soon!!

6 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Instead of being upset at the end of the Lift and shift policy.... Does anyone beside me think that it could signal the actual beginning of cruising again May 1??

Sorry but the two are not connected.  Extremely slim chance of sailing in May.

Lift  and shift will still be offered for sailings cancelled by Royal and there will be more cancelled sailings. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Let's try to be positive....

We are booked May 22, 2021 I am trying to remain positive.....

We have a scheduled May 23/21 Alaska cruise from Vancouver, while hopeful, the reality is it is 99.99% unlikely to happen.

My concern at this time is whether RCCL will announce further temporary suspension of service and extension of Lift and Shift before the final payment date of Feb 22 and not after.  I would not be surprised to see more widespread temporary suspensions.

Our planning is focused on 2022 and later with refundable/minimal deposits.

8 minutes ago, ken_ll said:

My concern at this time is whether RCCL will announce further temporary suspension of service and extension of Lift and Shift before the final payment date of Feb 22 and not after

I would bet on after final payment unless Canada announces that its borders are closed for the summer prior to that and given that Canada just announced major entry and travel restrictions this week through the end of April I don’t see them making another announcement until March or April.