Westerdam Feb. 1st 2020 - almost one year ago!

AllureOfVacation

20 hours ago, AllureOfVacation said:

@sailingdutchy thank so much for posting your story. It is so interesting to read different stories. Almost everyone has some more things to tell what happened to them after disembarkation

I am glad the first segment was better!

It must have been an interesting sight when you saw all the masks in the ships terminal in HK the first time.

Do you remember when the embassies were on board in the dining room? Was it the day before the prime minister came by helicopter?

@AllureOfVacationIf I look on the dates that my pics were taken on the iPad the embassies came on board the same day as when the Prime Minister landed onto the pier .

• Like 1

I was impressed by help provided by our embassies.  When we were finally leaving, I thanked one of the U.S. Embassy persons for her help.  They could be identified by their hats.  She gave me her hat as a souvenir.  P1010259.thumb.JPG.9bc4c344acc41ac0106f1cd4f4cf7567.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

I sure spend some good time around the puzzle table specially late at night when there was nobody left in the crows nest . It was quite busy there specially on all of our "Extra " Sea days  .

IMG_3691.JPG

Brings back memories, Tony, and good ones! 

Thank you to all who shared, and let's hope everyone reading this thread will be able to enjoy cruising again in the not-too-distant future--safelly!

The FCC I "earned" from the cancelled Westerdam February 1, 2020 voyage has now been applied to the sixth cruise, the previous five having been cancelled--which have earned me even more FCC's!

Be well, stay healthy, be safe, and be smart,

Deb

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 1:25 AM, DeeDee Groff said:

Brings back memories, Tony, and good ones! 

Thank you to all who shared, and let's hope everyone reading this thread will be able to enjoy cruising again in the not-too-distant future--safelly!

The FCC I "earned" from the cancelled Westerdam February 1, 2020 voyage has now been applied to the sixth cruise, the previous five having been cancelled--which have earned me even more FCC's!

Be well, stay healthy, be safe, and be smart,

Deb

Hi Deb  @DeeDee Groff, I sincerely hope that once we are all done with this virus and we can cruise again Martha and I can catch up with you somewhere on the high seas and talk about all of our experiences on the Westerdam. 

• Like 1

Congrats to those who endured the Westerdam, this was meaningful to me because I actually considered going on that cruise! I ended up booked for a cruise leaving Shanghai I believe on February 29th. Of course I didn’t go and the only drama I had was waiting for HAL to cancel....And now figuring out what to do with my credit which expires if not used in a couple of days!