Hi Steve, I've been pondering this situation but just cannot come up with an answer on my own that makes sense so I thought I consult the expert. 

My daughter works for a small non-profit in rural Texas. As a result, neither she nor the other employees make huge salaries. As a really nice and much appreciated perk, the director of the non-profit treats the key staff (my daughter included) to an occasional cruise. Typically on Seaborn. They've been all over Europe (including Iceland) and Australia. Not inexpensive trips and VERY much appreciated by the staff. 

The director lady has considered travel insurance in the past but has decided against it for a variety of reasons. Her call as she's paying the bills. 

Nevertheless, I'm quite concerned about my daughter (she's 21++) being off somewhere and having an accident or becoming ill. Her medical insurance isn't the best and, of course, doesn't have an evacuation component. If she needed treatment in a country that demands cash (or a credit card) in advance of providing treatment, she would be hard pressed to make that work. I'd like to purchase a travel insurance policy for my daughter but I'm not at all sure how to make that work. She's not paying anything out of pocket for any of the travel expenses so she truly doesn't have any "cost to insure". 

I'm interested strictly in medical/evacuation coverage for my daughter. Any trip cancellation, trip interruption, etc, etc are within the purview of director who is covering the costs for everything. 

Do you have any suggestions on how my daughter and I might approach this and purchase a policy for her without involving the director?

Thanks a bunch,

Bill

15 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Hi Steve, I've been pondering this situation but just cannot come up with an answer on my own that makes sense so I thought I consult the expert. 

My daughter works for a small non-profit in rural Texas. As a result, neither she nor the other employees make huge salaries. As a really nice and much appreciated perk, the director of the non-profit treats the key staff (my daughter included) to an occasional cruise. Typically on Seaborn. They've been all over Europe (including Iceland) and Australia. Not inexpensive trips and VERY much appreciated by the staff. 

The director lady has considered travel insurance in the past but has decided against it for a variety of reasons. Her call as she's paying the bills. 

Nevertheless, I'm quite concerned about my daughter (she's 21++) being off somewhere and having an accident or becoming ill. Her medical insurance isn't the best and, of course, doesn't have an evacuation component. If she needed treatment in a country that demands cash (or a credit card) in advance of providing treatment, she would be hard pressed to make that work. I'd like to purchase a travel insurance policy for my daughter but I'm not at all sure how to make that work. She's not paying anything out of pocket for any of the travel expenses so she truly doesn't have any "cost to insure". 

I'm interested strictly in medical/evacuation coverage for my daughter. Any trip cancellation, trip interruption, etc, etc are within the purview of director who is covering the costs for everything. 

Do you have any suggestions on how my daughter and I might approach this and purchase a policy for her without involving the director?

Thanks a bunch,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Wow, your daughter's director is very nice to her key staff.

You may buy a policy for your daughter without involving the director because the director has no insurable interest. You would be insuring your daughter for a period of round trip travel away from home.

Probably the best plan to get is the Geo Blue Voyager. Call or email me and I'll give you the prices and details.

Steve Dasseos