Gluten free dining

tipsygirl

They will try to accommodate you. However, if you have Celiac disease, I wouldn't trust them. The Chef's source  lot of pre-packged  ingredients  from many places and have no way to be certain that the ingredients  are 100% gluten free. They do carry some certified prepackage breads/rolls.

J

1 hour ago, JMARINER said:

They will try to accommodate you. However, if you have Celiac disease, I wouldn't trust them. The Chef's source  lot of pre-packged  ingredients  from many places and have no way to be certain that the ingredients  are 100% gluten free. They do carry some certified prepackage breads/rolls.

J

Thanks for the advice.  I am always vigilant wherever I dine, especially on cruise ships. 

Other cruise lines I have cruised on there is a separate section of the galley that handles gluten free diners . Does Regent have this? 

3 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

Other cruise lines I have cruised on there is a separate section of the galley that handles gluten free diners . Does Regent have this? 

The following is from a website about gluten-free cruising:

Regent Seven Seas Cruises:

Overview: A chef or restaurant manager will meet with you to discuss your preferences, review menus, and select items for the next day’s meals. In many cases, gluten-free options can be provided at the time of the meal as well.

Contact: Email the line’s operations team at least 90 days prior to sailing.

Though i am not celiac we have met and sailed with people who were. They said that Regent did a great job of ensuring that they had the food that met their requirements.  As well when we did a galley tour of Explorer the Executive Chef went out of his way to take us to the area of the galley that is set aside for special needs and to describe what the staff goes through to ensure that those special needs are met. 

Though i am sure they aren't perfect the comments we got from people was that Regent did a super job and did not have an issue with having delicious safe food everywhere onboard.

It is very important that you make sure you let the proper person kmow about your restrictions.  i think they will take good care of you. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Though i am not celiac we have met and sailed with people who were. They said that Regent did a great job of ensuring that they had the food that met their requirements.  As well when we did a galley tour of Explorer the Executive Chef went out of his way to take us to the area of the galley that is set aside for special needs and to describe what the staff goes through to ensure that those special needs are met. 

Though i am sure they aren't perfect the comments we got from people was that Regent did a super job and did not have an issue with having delicious safe food everywhere onboard.

It is very important that you make sure you let the proper person kmow about your restrictions.  i think they will take good care of you. 

Good to hear. Your galley tour experience at least let’s me know that there is a separate section that takes care of special needs. Cross contamination is an increasing concern for me and can only be minimized by this type of galley arrangement . 
Cindy

8 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

Good to hear. Your galley tour experience at least let’s me know that there is a separate section that takes care of special needs. Cross contamination is an increasing concern for me and can only be minimized by this type of galley arrangement . 
Cindy

Although they have  special section in the Galley, it is not dedicated for only gluten free foods. They prepare other "special" meal in that area too, Kosher, Vegan, Plant Based. etc.

J

• Like 1