Cozumel Homeport?

c-leg5

On 3/10/2021 at 8:36 AM, smokeybandit said:

Tough to compare the airports. Barbados has one airport and is a popular destination from Europe. Cozumel has Cancun airport nearby (albeit requiring a ferry ride) that is only served by US and Mexican airlines.

Not true, Cancun is served by Air Canada, Air Transat, West Jet.  British Airways flies direct to Cancun also many of the South American airlines  also fly to Cancun.

As stated above, no need to take a ferry as Cozumel is served by many of the US airlines.

Just now, M&A said:

Not true, Cancun is served by Air Canada, Air Transat, West Jet.  British Airways flies direct to Cancun also many of the South American airlines  also fly to Cancun.

As stated above, no need to take a ferry as Cozumel is served by many of the US airlines.

I was talking about Cozumel airport, not Cancun. But I did later notice a couple Canadian airlines serve Cozumel, too.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:21 AM, Brucemcdou said:

I agree, but would phrase it slightly differently: the CDC has a mandate to protect the health of Americans.  It's not to create jobs in the USA, or to promote tourism to and from the USA, or to expand the economy of the USA.  Other taxpayer-funded agencies have those mandate.  CDC employees are doctors and scientists dedicated to doing their job the best way possible.  

So I absolutely agree that RC has no "leverage" with the CDC as it is not supposed to take those issues (jobs, tourism, economic activity) into its analysis of what it best for the health of Americans.  

The balancing of those conflicting concerns (health vs. the economy) are the responsibility of elected officials as it should be.  

Outstanding!! It's nice to see that some people get it. 

In my opinion, this is the post of the year for 2021, so far.

• Like 1