Salt in the wound to see a canceled cruise in "cruise manager" page

Silent Penguin

12 minutes ago, lubedobedo said:

Mine didn't disappear.. It's still there even after I submitted the form.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  How long ago did you submit the form?  I ask because it's not an automated process.  Someone at Carnival will still need to apply your request (FCC or a refund) to your account.

Here is a small quote from my cancelation email.

"We have fully automated your ability to make your choice online, avoiding the need to call us.  Whether purchased directly from Carnival or from a travel agent, you can submit your request via our online tool, which will allow for faster processing.  Calling our Guest Services department will not expedite your request." I sent it in 2 days ago then received an email back saying "Thank you for your online request".

Yes, they "automated you ability to make your choice online" to avoid a flood of customer calls.  As you can see in the sentence after that, their online tool will "allow for faster processing".  That doesn't mean it's truly automated.  Someone still needs to actually process your request.

Edited by 4hunters
Grammar
  • Like 1

Even if you fill out the form, you have to either call OR wait for someone to call YOU (my PVP has done this twice) to manually complete the cancellation.

I've tried doing the cx's several different ways. (3 CCL)  My best option has been to go into the record and manually cancel the 'extras' like excursions, dining, pkgs and THEN call if I have another cruise already booked I'd like to transfer the deposit/pmts/obc to. Or wait if I don't for the PVP to call me at HER convenience.

JMO..the form is worthless unless you intend to utilize the FCC far into the future.  And hope it is still there and done properly by the time you choose a sail date.

Ok, I took the advice and called Monday to have FCC and $600 OBC from canceled cruise put to other cruise for May 2022. (already have other cruise booked) Waited on hold for 15 minutes before she finally came back and said boss told her to just fill the form out. Said to give it 24 hours and it should be done. Well, here it is Friday and still not done. I called again today and was told it shows form was filled out, to give it a little more time. Is it taking anyone else that long to get stuff transferred to another cruise?