3 cruises cancelled

OHHnoo10

We all know this year's holidays will be a bit strange, but better than last year, 2022 will be better again, and so on. As long as we can soon see our children, treat ourselves to the odd meal out,  have some form of holiday things will be on the up. 

Remember the first time you went abroad , your first cruise, your next holiday will be like this. We will never take all the good things, 3 or 4 holidays a year etc for granted again.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I'd suggest it's not cruising as the relaxing holiday that we know and love

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2773417-grandiosa-1-week-sailing-with-covid-protection-activated/

Two last minute itinerary changes

One port where the passengers couldn't leave the ship.

4 Covid tests

Being sent to an isolation cabin

Disembarking the ship in a Hazmat suit.

All for a 7 day cruise.

For me, that is just too much hassle for a week long cruise. 

But things will slowly improve as more people are vaccinated, and covid protocols are relaxed, and as you say only  you can decide if it's something you are prepared to tolerate.  But for some it will be acceptable, so cruising has already restarted

2 cancelled for us so far.

I have just booked a MSC cruise in July from Southampton, it may go it may not, but I'll take the chance.

Also on TUI in December as I have always wanted to go to Cuba.

Waiting for the 2022/23 cruises to come out on P&O to use my FCC

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:39 PM, wowzz said:

P&O or Princess?

We have had an email re our Princess Cruise in September and this is what they said.  Sailings on Sky Princess, Regal Princess and Island Princess have been cancelled through to September 25, 2021, as part of the change.

• 5 months later...

Well we finally took the plunge last week and booked the 25th Sept cruise to the med departing from Southampton. At the moment there are 6 stops 4 in Spain 2 in Italy. Unless things change can see the Italy stops being cancelled. Didn't realise at the time of booking its organised shore excursions only at the moment which is a bit of a pain as some are booked up. Surely P&O should provide enough seats on these excursions for everyone, doesn't seem fair if we are forced to use them they only have a certain amount of room.