Need Tellus contact information please!

knoxclone

I need some Cruise Critic help please....

Booked a 2023 trip (actually rebooked from cancelled cruise) in Feb.  Got an email confirming booking and also confirming I was allowing Viking to keep my  CC on file for future payments.

Oct 21 trip final booking was due last Wed. TA got the email from Viking saying payment was processed. Checked my Amex a day or so later and it still was not charged.. thought well, they are a bit crazy busy,  give them a couple days.   Checked MVJ - trip is still there.

Today I tried to contact them because it still had not hit the AMEX and was told TA would have to contact.  So she did and was told my AMEX had been declined. She asked them why Viking sent confirmation email it was processed - and WHY  they did not contact  her (or me!) and  had no idea. Told TA I had to call AMEX as it was on their end. 

Called Amex - Amex said nothing had been declined, nor had any attempts made from Viking since the Feb 6 deposit - and said that if it had been declined, I would have immediately received a text message. 

TA Called Viking back, they said maybe it was different card, Nope same card - and same card that Viking sent me above referenced email about keeping card on file. Told TA "Maybe I should use different card" .. . and then said that  I (as the client) should call Viking accounting.  

So I called Viking and was   told my TA had to call  - after trying to make them understand that TA was told I needed  to call - was told someone have to call me back and "sort it out". Still waiting....

ThisIsNotHard..... Obviously, "someone" at Viking has dropped the ball - I don't want excuses  --  I'm trying to GIVE $$$ to Viking!   Hoping maybe if I contact the Tellus folks,  I can get this solved because now I am afraid they will cancel my booking for nonpayment. 

Thank you!

Any chance the original card expired between your deposit and now?  Happened to us once on Viking when our card was rejected at the end of the cruise.  We never thought to check the expiration date and didn't use this card ashore during the cruise.  It doesn't sound like this would apply to you but may help someone else who gave a credit card far in advance of final payment or the end of a cruise.

1 hour ago, Jazmyn49 said:

We never thought to check the expiration date and didn't use this card ashore during the cruise. 

Hmm, that sounds like something we should all add to our pre-cruise check lists, along with a reminder to always have a back-up credit card just in case ...

• you have an emergency and have to stay away from home longer than expected or have to fly home sooner than expected
  • your one card gets stolen
  • the credit card company turns it off for some reason
  • you can't get in touch with the credit card company to fix whatever problem
  • you cross your credit card limit on card #1 -- for whatever reason
  • you want to/have to buy something that will push you over your credit card limit
  • etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I know I'm crazy but I live with Mr. Belts and Suspenders and the Be Prepared mentality has rubbed off on me after all these years.

A Viking supervisor called me late morning - all is well 🙂  He  called me an and then got my TA on the line as well. He pulled up account to figure out what the problem was. Firstly, he assured me by booking was safe and secure - and then mentioned that Viking will not cancel a booking without notifying pax first.  

Asked him to confirm card # on file and it was correct.  Then... he looked to see what card was attempted.  Turns out the card was from when we had originally booked trip on board in 2018 - a  trip that cancelled due to Covid last fall  and rescheduled.

So bottom line is that they tried to process payment from expired card,  but failed to follow up when it was declined.

He apologized again and my TA pressed him on why she(we) #1 had gotten the email notification that it had been processed, #2 that they card had actually been declined.    He had no explanation other than "someone" had not done it properly. My TA suggested that perhaps he use this as a training example as many many people are currently rescheduling cruises w years old deposits and credit cards.... 🙂

Thank you all for your help in getting me connected to the "right" people to solve my problem! Now to get everyone healthy and cross your fingers that we sail in October!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knoxclone said:

Thank you all for your help in getting me connected to the "right" people to solve my problem! Now to get everyone healthy and cross your fingers that we sail in October!!

Ahh, but it was you who knew exactly who to ask for in the first place.

Glad that everything is taken care of and now I will get on with the finger-crossing part of your request!

8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Hmm, that sounds like something we should all add to our pre-cruise check lists, along with a reminder to always have a back-up credit card just in case ...

• you have an emergency and have to stay away from home longer than expected or have to fly home sooner than expected
  • your one card gets stolen
  • the credit card company turns it off for some reason
  • you can't get in touch with the credit card company to fix whatever problem
  • you cross your credit card limit on card #1 -- for whatever reason
  • you want to/have to buy something that will push you over your credit card limit
  • etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I know I'm crazy but I live with Mr. Belts and Suspenders and the Be Prepared mentality has rubbed off on me after all these years.

Yep.  DH and I travel with at least 3 cards each and we swap a card so I carry one of his, he carries one of mine.  2 of my cards are preferred use, but having the others as back up is a little more comforting.  

I learned this lesson the hard way.