June Cancelled

Pcardad

Machotspur I couldn’t agree more with your above post. 
We did very well after the first wave and had quite a long period (virtually all summer and autumn) being COVID free. Just after the New Year the second wave arrived but we locked down quickly but still had plenty of cases. We are now 22 days without a case and just one person in hospital. 
The price for this freedom is virtually no off island travel and if you do you self isolate for 2 weeks on return. No visiting cruise ships to the island this year. 
The way Europe is I am thinking that there will be little point in looking at this year, but hoping for next year. 

• Like 1

We have decided to cancel our late July 21 cruise tomorrow and are rebooking for August next year, it was 18 days around the Mediterranean, great shame as this about the 5th cruise we have had or have been cancelled. The reason is simple we have no confidence in the EU vaccination roll out program, in our opinion it’s in utter chaos and I don’t think it’s worth the risk, the % of those inoculated is very low especially in France where the cruise was passing through. I also believe that for us British then if we are allowed to travel to the EU (which we are not at the moment apart from exceptional circumstances) or some other parts of the world then upon our return we will have to isolate for 2 weeks.

• Like 2

@charltonkerry   Europe is (in) a mess. 
Totally miss handled everything. Only themselves to blame and yet they can’t see it. 
I agree with you that it’s not worth the risk and apart from which what happens if a country changes from green to red whilst you are away?

Just wait for next year and hopefully we will all be able to cruise again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1