June Cancelled

Pcardad

They Keep cancelling but have no place to "transfer" passengers as many of the 22 and 23 cruises are nearly full.  The need to come out with their 23-24 schedule to be able to book people.

• Like 1

I still think cruising will begin in Europe in late summer. I think the cruise lines will avoid the USA due to the CDC being unwilling to work with them. The stock market valuations for cruise lines are generally increasing and future bookings are looking great....but until these ships get back to work...who knows.

I would say July is 100% going to cancel and January is going to sail.....but what happens in the middle depends on the location. I think you can count on vaccines being required for EVERYONE on board...no exceptions. I also think that, by the time they actually sail, the on-board experience will be much like it was before.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I still think cruising will begin in Europe in late summer. I think the cruise lines will avoid the USA due to the CDC being unwilling to work with them. The stock market valuations for cruise lines are generally increasing and future bookings are looking great....but until these ships get back to work...who knows.

I would say July is 100% going to cancel and January is going to sail.....but what happens in the middle depends on the location. I think you can count on vaccines being required for EVERYONE on board...no exceptions. I also think that, by the time they actually sail, the on-board experience will be much like it was before.

From your lips to God's ears!!

• Like 2

Pcardad:  

As usual, Sir, you bring clarity and maintain civility while contributing to a Thread.

Spouse and I continue to hope for the best; but always have a Plan B, or C.  Well, at this point, considering already-canceled 2020 and 2021 cruises, we are at about "Plan X from the Planet Zorg".  (Close-enuf' reference to a really, really bad Grade C late 1950s or early 1960s Sci Fi movie.)  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

P.S. - I love old sci-fi movies!

But maybe not Ed Wood's Plan 9 From Outer Space, possibly the worst movie ever made.

We'd like to join the optimists; but, frankly, our next scheduled cruise, mid-September from Vancouver to Tokyo on the Explorer (19 days), seems unlikely, even if somehow Alaska-bound cruises are allowed to sail from Seattle rather than closed-to-cruising Canada.

Well,  with the bad World news ( and in the USA this PM as to Atlanta):  

For benefit of all (Post WWII Baby Boomers included) who circle back to a time of what our parents' told us was a "normal" time--

Joanandjoe and Pcardad:  

1.  Yes, Ed Wood's epic "Plan 9 From Outer Space" failure would rank right up there as to what Saturday Night Live's "Media Critic" Alfred 'Pic Carnell would opine as--

"Really biting the Big One" 

2. Pcardad--I nominate as No. 2 for your viewing edification the following. 

"Mars Needs Women".  1967.  No joke.  This 1967 movie was actually screened. 

'Enuf said. I will now put this to rest.  

Everyone needs to take a breath.   

GOARMY!

12 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Well,  with the bad World news ( and in the USA this PM as to Atlanta):  

For benefit of all (Post WWII Baby Boomers included) who circle back to a time of what our parents' told us was a "normal" time--

Joanandjoe and Pcardad:  

1.  Yes, Ed Wood's epic "Plan 9 From Outer Space" failure would rank right up there as to what Saturday Night Live's "Media Critic" Alfred 'Pic Carnell would opine as--

"Really biting the Big One" 

2. Pcardad--I nominate as No. 2 for your viewing edification the following. 

"Mars Needs Women".  1967.  No joke.  This 1967 movie was actually screened. 

'Enuf said. I will now put this to rest.  

Everyone needs to take a breath.   

GOARMY!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Invaders

4 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I still think cruising will begin in Europe in late summer.

So you're saying there is a chance.... Voyager - Rome to Dubai, October 3.

We cannot tell you how much we hope and pray you are correct!

Pcardad:  

Thank you so, so much for reference to "Invaders".  Almost promise:  This is my last (maybe penultimate) contribution (never say never; never say ever) entry on the matter.  

Of course--any movie featuring John Agar as the "Lead" is bound to---------

Well, on a more positive note:  Hope spouse and I have the opportunity to link up with you onboard a future cruise to exchange bon mots on whatever trivia. 

Who knows?  2022, 2023. 

Take care.  

GOARMY!

We are booked on a Mariner cruise for December 2021 (our first Regent cruise woohoo!!)  This week we were notified that one of the excursions we had chosen was no longer being offered and were asked to choose something else, which we did.  My question is whether this is an indicator that this cruise will go ahead or is it something that Regent is constantly doing, even if the cruise is set to be cancelled?  I would really like to believe that we will be cruising in December.

1 hour ago, Grandmaanne7 said:

We are booked on a Mariner cruise for December 2021 (our first Regent cruise woohoo!!)  This week we were notified that one of the excursions we had chosen was no longer being offered and were asked to choose something else, which we did.  My question is whether this is an indicator that this cruise will go ahead or is it something that Regent is constantly doing, even if the cruise is set to be cancelled?  I would really like to believe that we will be cruising in December.

Happens all the time.  We just did excursions for our Splendor cruise in December and a number of the excursions that are in the PDF are actually not available to book; oh well.  Excursions aren't real until you are onboard and find out that the times have been changed, excursion modified, or even cancelled.  

46 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Happens all the time.  We just did excursions for our Splendor cruise in December and a number of the excursions that are in the PDF are actually not available to book; oh well.  Excursions aren't real until you are onboard and find out that the times have been changed, excursion modified, or even cancelled.  

I understand all of that as we have cruised before just not on Regent.  I had booked these excursions in February.  Someone at Regent has obviously reviewed these bookings and necessitated changes.  I'm just going to hope that means they are fairly confident that cruising will begin prior to December.  I'm also encouraged that Celebrity has announced today that they will start up cruising out of St. Maarten in June.  I'm choosing to remain optimistic.

Edited by Grandmaanne7
changed July to June

This isn't exactly a Regent post, but I just got word that the Olympic committee has canceled spectators for this summer (July/August)  and our event tickets will be refunded.. We had a wonderful trip planned for last year, and had hoped to go this year. We saw the writing on the wall and had not re-booked any accommodations.  

There appears to be some optimism on this thread with regard to Europe being open for cruising this Autumn (Fall).

Not wishing to 'rain on your parade' but in the past couple of weeks things are suddenly not looking good at all in much of mainland Europe.

The trends are reversing with talk of a 'third wave' emerging in the larger countries such as France, Germany, Italy etc. Many of these countries that have previously relaxed restrictions are going back into lockdown for a third time.

In addition the vaccination programme in the EU is in turmoil with an average of only 10% of the population who have had the jab thus far. 

In conclusion I personally would be very pessimistic that much of Europe will be open for leisure travel in 5 months time (I for one yesterday cancelled a trip to Germany that was due for September).

Take a look at this BBC page, particularly the individual country graphs 3/4 the way down the page.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105

Of course I hope i'm wrong with my 'doom and gloom' predictions !!          

Edited by machotspur
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1