Summer 2021 UK sailings?

2 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Cruising in and around UK holds no attraction to  us so until cruising resumes in sunnier climes its on the back burner

Must agree Jim our main focus is on seeing our children and grandchildren they live a long way away and we haven't seen them for many months sorry but it puts cruising on, as you say, the back burner. 

Roll on next weekend if all goes well🤞🤞🤞

P,

You will be looking forward to that

We are fortunate that our son and grandchild stay within 2 miles 

Hope all goes well for you for next weekend

On another note I see Disney Cruise Line have become the latest operator to confirm UK home sailings this summer according to a press release.Disney Magic cruise ship will be doing 2 and 3 night trips as well as limited 4 nights.Passengers will stay on board

Traffic lights and roundabouts are going to be needed in UK waters 

• Haha 1

The Disney cruise is advising it's for families but will have face masks and social distancing,  not quite sure how this can work.  Trying to be positive and I know the cruise companies are doing their best to adhere to the rules but can't  see how this can work with children.

I agree with  you Jim, cruising round Britain, even without the restrictions,  holds no attraction to us.

Happy to wait until our cruise June 2022 hopefully in full  SUNSHINE

MSC have now confirmed they,ll now be cruising Uk along with itinerary(greenock being one of the embarkation ports) and prices with there new ship Virtuosa in the summer yet Marella who announced a few weeks ago there intentions to do the same but absolutely no information since...Not that cruising the Uk interests us but Marella seems to be the “coos tail “when it comes to doing anything.

12 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

MSC have now confirmed they,ll now be cruising Uk along with itinerary(greenock being one of the embarkation ports) and prices with there new ship Virtuosa in the summer yet Marella who announced a few weeks ago there intentions to do the same but absolutely no information since...Not that cruising the Uk interests us but Marella seems to be the “coos tail “when it comes to doing anything.

Delighted to see that MSC have departures from Greenock and Liverpool as well as Southampton for their UK cruises.

Beautiful new ship, premium AI,  no tipping policy and reasonable prices.

Marella have missed the boat. As you say Jim they are always at the coo's tail.

3 hours ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

Seems barmy they are still pushing Med cruises for July, when we all know they will never happen.

Must agree with you FD but they want our money and who can blame them they have a lot of capital invested. Personally I think it will be many years before cruising resumes to the norm but I can fully understand, and respect, customers wishing to book and have something to look forward to. With Europe now going into its third wave I would like to feel optimistic rather than pessimistic but I can't. ☹️

21 hours ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

Seems barmy they are still pushing Med cruises for July, when we all know they will never happen.

I would love to book on one of them now, but I will wait until we get more info from Boris.

Roll on our next cruise in December if not

Will be very interested to hear what Boris has to say about holidays this afternoon. It seems every cruise company except Marella have announced their UK itineraries but I wonder how they will get their lovely crew over here with the restrictions.

We always liked the Marella ships as they were smaller than some of the newer ones, it will be interesting to see how many passengers and crew will be allowed on the massive new ships

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mike.S said:

Just seen Marella are offering £150 off UK summer sailings, guess bookings haven't been as strong as they hoped

Maybe they need to do same with September Greece cruises, were they get those pieces from I don’t know. Picked it out the sky and added 50%. Makes NCL cheap now.

We have just booked a cruise from Newcastle as we had a voucher that had to be used so it brought the price down dramatically together with the £150 off it seemed a great deal will report how it goes

20 hours ago, Jayneykul said:

We have just booked a cruise from Newcastle as we had a voucher that had to be used so it brought the price down dramatically together with the £150 off it seemed a great deal will report how it goes

Really wished we had your confidence to book as we too have vouchers which are expireing, for a free cruise, but are very reluctant to go. Looking forward to your review and wishing you a great cruise. 🤞

I’ve been cancelled from MSC this week as the government did not lift restrictions for next week. Considering booking Marcella as they are the only ones still showing available but worries it will just get cancelled again. This is for next week. 

5 hours ago, MISSGJ said:

I’ve been cancelled from MSC this week as the government did not lift restrictions for next week. Considering booking Marcella as they are the only ones still showing available but worries it will just get cancelled again. This is for next week. 

Must admit, I am booked to go with Marella in 3 weeks time, and recently changed my booking to upgrade the cabin.  Im now worried I have inadvertently put myself at the front of the queue to be booted off the cruise if they have been over-booking like P&O etc. due to my now booking date being much later. Ah well, only time will tell, I will see what happens when the sailings commence. 

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

Must admit, I am booked to go with Marella in 3 weeks time, and recently changed my booking to upgrade the cabin.  Im now worried I have inadvertently put myself at the front of the queue to be booted off the cruise if they have been over-booking like P&O etc. due to my now booking date being much later. Ah well, only time will tell, I will see what happens when the sailings commence. 

I would have thought all the Marella UK sailings were planned with reduced capacity factored in

I did contact a rep via social media before booking. She said she would check and get back to me  She did within minutes and assured me they have not

oversold the ship. So I’ve booked in good faith. So grateful to of salvaged something from our week off. 

• Like 1