Understanding on-board spending on new bookings via web site

AlanCruise

I am confused whilst looking at bookings on the P&O web site about the amount of on-board spending money available. During the process two different amounts seem to be stated. Can anyone explain what I am missing?

This seems to happen for all cruises I look at, but for example for G139 (Northern Europe in December) at the page where you can select Saver or Select Price it states that (for a Balcony) you can enjoy £40 per person on-board spend.  If I proceed to select a cabin it then says £150 per cabin

image.png.5cb6662910eca810b6801cbc7f87fda8.pngimage.png.c4d0907eefdebf665d7953b6ac9c2847.png

I think the £40 is what is standard for the select fare for that booking and is often an option that you can chose - it's usually either the money or parking or coach travel.

Then the £150 is additional onboard credit which is being offered for this particular deal.

Note the £150 is per cabin and the £40 is per person so if you went through the booking process you should have onboard credit of £230 in total.

Hope that helps 

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple of attempts I got a response from P&O which almost explains it!

The £40 is the standard offer for that grade of cabin (the amount varies slightly with cabin type i.e. less for an inside). This is the amount that you can swap for free parking or coach travel.

The extra offer is such that if you take the £40 as credit you will get a total of £150 per cabin - this extra may vary. So maximum total for this example is the £150 per cabin.

If you play with the web site and opt for free parking or coach then the credit per cabin reduces by £80 (twice £40) to £70