Question on CDC no sail order

crimmj

On 3/26/2021 at 5:11 PM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Seems like we have arbitrary deletions on CC...

I'd agree.  I steer away and refrain from politics on CC and come here for cruise related info and related banter.

Some of my comments about refraining from politics and controversial topics and sticking to cruising on CC have  been deleted on several threads.  Yet, inflammatory posts referring to public figures in unflattering ways and pandemic have been lobbed into threads like hand grenades' by posters that have thousands of posts with seeming impunity.

Oh, and some of my pithy (no lithp intended) observations about human nature have met their demise at the hand of moderators too.

Oh well...  almost reminds me of the arbitrariness of a frequent flier airline mileage site I used to frequent.

11 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Change your handle to Homarrrrrrrody and you will be given more leeway too.

Hmmm, intriguing.  However, since I have no idea what you are talking about, I'll keep it the same. 🙃  

• 2 weeks later...

The CDC should be consistent in their requirements for Free Pratique (permission to enter and debark passengers in the US). Cruise ships cannot. Airlines have to prove no positive COVID tests within 3 days of arrival for all aboard. If they are true to their concerns, International air travel to the US should be shut down as well. It is not much of a stretch to consider the Covid variants arrived via air rather than by sea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dwlmg said:

The CDC should be consistent in their requirements for Free Pratique (permission to enter and debark passengers in the US). Cruise ships cannot. Airlines have to prove no positive COVID tests within 3 days of arrival for all aboard. If they are true to their concerns, International air travel to the US should be shut down as well. It is not much of a stretch to consider the Covid variants arrived via air rather than by sea.

As I discussed in another thread, I believe equating airlines and cruise lines is a false equivalence.

I will not repeat the details here but suffice it to say - airlines serve a dual purpose - transport for recreational and commercial/business purposes, including cargo. Cruise lines are predominantly recreational and elective.

Also, a quick check of international entry restrictions will demonstrate that international travel is decimated and practically speaking limited to nationals returning to their countries and travelers willing to undergo quarantine upon entry.  

Of course, there are some countries that are "open" to all travelers but they are the exception, not the rule.

In any event,  we'll all be a lot happier when the pandemic is over and we can just deal with Covid19 as an endemic disease.