Are dining packages worth it?

About 2 years ago I was on the Allure and booked a dinner in one of the specialty restaurants for what I though was going to be a special night with my girlfriend.  Wrong, the tables were so close together you would have though we were at a table for 6, however our tablemates were great and we had a great time, but it was not the intimate dinner I had in mind.

Anthem is a amazing ship you are going to love her. The MDR menus are very good but there are always a few night that don't wow me so a 3 dinner package works well for us. I check the menus out and plan ahead so i know what nights I want Jamies and Chops. 

One way around it is to book a specialty dinner on night 1 they tend to run specials for night 1 and 2 but they pick your restaurant. I am way to type A for that so we buy the package and book it ourselves. 

270 cafe is a great lunch and when you board option to remember. They used to have bags of chips to go...snacks for later

If you want to do ifly book it first sea day. Also have at least 1 person in your party do it 2 hours later so they can take pictures and videos. Then switch. They will have a photographer but I like to do my own pictures.