Refurbish MSC Magnifica ???? still being done?

love to cruise 2017

On 4/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, love to cruise 2017 said:

is the planned dry dock still happening ??? 

Nothing announced but my guess is yes because no cruises listed on Magnifica on MSC's website from late May 2021 through late November 2021.

My gut feeling is that they were going to delay it, but when they saw that the situation was still pretty shaky, they decided to move Virtuosa to the UK and do the dry dock work on Magnifica.

Magnifica has been moored in Genoa since March 17th, which could make sense if they were going to do the stretch and dry dock work at Fincantieri, as they also did the stretch of four Musics-class ships.

thank you both, we are looking at first MSC Cruise in mar 22 on the 11 day on Magnifica joining in Rome. we are diamond on RCI but want to try something different. little concerned on the food reviews but the price is right..any input on the food?? 

and greetings from Texas......

44 minutes ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

thank you both, we are looking at first MSC Cruise in mar 22 on the 11 day on Magnifica joining in Rome. we are diamond on RCI but want to try something different. little concerned on the food reviews but the price is right..any input on the food?? 

Hi Texas 👋 

First cruise with MSC coming up in July (DP with Royal), I’ve been told the food is good if you like Italian! 

Regards from the UK

18 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Texas 👋 

First cruise with MSC coming up in July (DP with Royal), I’ve been told the food is good if you like Italian! 

Regards from the UK

your have to tell how its goes and feed back pleaseeeeeeeee ...good job i like Italian food lol 

5 hours ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

Another Northeast Texas.   Thought I was the only one.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

Hi,

Food is quite good, not superb, but is very good. Per my experience the food on MSC Divina was  a whole lot better in Miami than the food on Meraviglia sailing from Barcelona. Food on the Divina has more flavor than food on the Meraviglia, which was "plain food", but not bad. Gelato on Meraviglia is incredibly good!!!! So knowing the difference the food of both ships, and sailing again from Europe this December, I`m pretty sure the food will be "plain" with not a lot of flavor. Pizza is fantastic, best in the sea!!! I`ve been on four Princess ships and I can say I will be an MSC traveler for a long time!!! For the price they can be beat!!!!! Booked on MSC Seashore for 2022.

Greetings from Puerto Rico.

50 minutes ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

cool go though it often ......well we booked the 11 day from Rome with MSC cant beat that price 

We have sailed the Seaside twice both times in YC.  Best vacation we have ever been on.  Have the Seashore booked for July 22.  Thinking about booking Oceania Cruise Line.  My older kids (23) still loves Carnival but they really loved the Seaside.  They stayed in an inside across the hall from us.  Going to the DR in July. Counting down the days.  Lol. 

On 4/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, Stockjock said:

Nothing announced but my guess is yes because no cruises listed on Magnifica on MSC's website from late May 2021 through late November 2021.

My gut feeling is that they were going to delay it, but when they saw that the situation was still pretty shaky, they decided to move Virtuosa to the UK and do the dry dock work on Magnifica.

Magnifica has been moored in Genoa since March 17th, which could make sense if they were going to do the stretch and dry dock work at Fincantieri, as they also did the stretch of four Musics-class ships.

They just loaded Magnifica cruises on the global website starting June 13 from Venice until November 10 when she will start her cruises from Genoa to Israel.

Yes, I noticed some dates are starting to fill in.  I have a mid-November cruise not listed, but it doesn't yet look to be altered or cancelled, so I'm hoping they'll further fill in some of those dates soon.

This may suggest that the stretch is not being done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is, or did, the refurbishment happen? I'm looking at April 2022 cruises and don't see any indication that deck plans changed. Website still touts all the changes. When I called MSC, they thought it was still happening, too. I'm potentially new to MSC, coming from RCCL and Celebrity, but am getting frustrated.

As far as I know, the Magnifica was last partially refurbished in 2018, then there were some news on a stretch being prepared for the Musica class starting this year. I believe that has been at least far delayed to not say suppressed at all cause of this Covid Situation.