NCL tells CDC all crew & passengers to be vaccinated, will HAL, X, Royal do the same?

Gracie115

10 hours ago, OmarOak said:

I too "have a seat at this table'.

It sounds like we have very different sorts of establishments, customers and State governments. I served on our Governor's Hospitality Industry Advisory Council and am happy to say that our relatively strict policies placed us among the lowest States for per capita incidence of Covid.

We work in close quarters and all of our employees will be fully vaccinated before we reopen for indoor service. No exceptions. We will require indoor guests to prove vaccination. No exceptions.

We recently made reservations available for our May reopening and booked out six weeks ahead within hours so our customer base appears fine with our policy. We had a few long time customers balk; that's their choice.

Personally, I will not eat indoors unless all concerned are vaccinated.

HAL will have a business decision to make. Many among us will not consider a cruise unless all are vaccinated. Others won't get vaccinated. International Airlines like Quantas are already requiring proof of vaccination to board a flight.  As a matter of economics, I hope HAL will do the same.

Yes, you do!  You're correct we live in a different State and ours has been Open for Business since last June.   If we were in your State, we'd be part of the Statistics of Restaurants that have permanently closed their doors. (God Bless South Carolina)!  As I mentioned in my other Post we operated this past year with Zero Cases and now all our FOH is Vaccinated.  We're getting busier for Indoor Dining since more Customers are Vaccinated and feeling more comfortable about going out.  Yes, our States are very different!   

The World is very different and as you pointed out every State within the U.S. is different.  For those who are Vaccinated but fear  being around unvaccinated people for 45 minutes - 1 1/2 hours in a Restaurant (where they are not on top of other people) I can't imagine how they will mentally handle Travel with regards to the Airport and long-flight Air Travel, dining out in Local Restaurants in Countries they visit not knowing if the Staff or the other Customers around them are Vaccinated, or visiting an Indoor Tourist Attraction, etc. when they won't have a Guarantee that everyone around them is Vaccinated.

We're very happy that we're now Vaccinated and will not live our lives in fear!  We'll continue to take precautions as we did before the Vaccine and as we did before Covid especially when Travelling.  

• Like 4