Insurance for worst-case scenario

Twitchly

This isn’t a question anyone wants to consider, but we’re about to pay for a 2022 Viking cruise, and Viking is apparently about to cancel its summer schedule. That’s a very long time for them to go without an income stream.

So. Does travel insurance typically cover you if the cruise company goes under? (I’m assuming it would be prudent to buy insurance from a company other than Viking at this point.) I’m obviously going to check with whatever insurance company we decide to go with but thought I’d see if anyone here had experience or knowledge of the subject.

If not, we’ve got some thinking to do.

will insurance companies "cover" a cruise that has been paid for by "credits'... I think it is a gamble but we have just insured medical for our future cruise.  hoping Viking can survive!

The only way to be sure is to actually read the specific policy that you are buying or have bought. They will be pretty clear.

Those summaries that we use to purchase May or May not cover things that we think they do, the way we think that they do.

I broke my hip in Bhutan. Just the year before, my husband fell off a horse in Mexico in the countryside two hours north of Mexico City...