Twirling napkins in the dining room post Covid.

asalligo

On 4/7/2021 at 8:36 AM, asalligo said:

. . .  I would love to be on the very first cruise back to see how Carnival handles this. Will they announce ahead of time not to do this and quickly stop anyone who tries or will they ignore this tradition and allow it to continue . . . 

The 'napkin thing', for lack of a better term, was actually addressed a little less than a year ago in one of the initial think tank groups created to discuss post-cooties cruise protocols.  It is even more prevalent on a few others lines (i.e. MSC) but can still occur on all.  There were additional food service concerns discussed which raised more than a few eyebrows of attendees (including some government presence) about potential protocol adjustments.  They were not COVID-specific, but merely brought up because of general food safety concerns even before 2020.  It is my strong guess that if any napkins start flying, it'll be totally passenger-initiated and not done by crew, who will neither start nor join in. 

I look forward to my next time back on a cruise ship after so many cancellations, and will follow all rules that are given.  It'll be different for darn sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Die out?  You realize the black plague is still around.

Dying out is not the best term but many virus have naturally disipated.  SARS 1, MERS, ZIKA, and others. This one lasting so long makes me think something is not natural. 

FYI, the black pague was a bacterium.

22 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Dying out is not the best term but many virus have naturally disipated.  SARS 1, MERS, ZIKA, and others. This one lasting so long makes me think something is not natural. 

FYI, the black pague was a bacterium.

They're dormant in your area, they haven't "dissipated."  7 new Zika cases in Puerto Rico recently, many more in South America.  Why not here?  Because people aren't traveling and because it's not "ZIKA season" yet (high mosquito season).  You're correct about bacterium, but not about "was".  Someone in Colorado recently contracted black plaque.

15 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

They're dormant in your area, they haven't "dissipated."  7 new Zika cases in Puerto Rico recently, many more in South America.  Why not here?  Because people aren't traveling and because it's not "ZIKA season" yet (high mosquito season).  You're correct about bacterium, but not about "was".  Someone in Colorado recently contracted black plaque.

Thankfully is was Septicemic plague and not its cousin bubonic. But you are right the idea I used "dissipated" does not mean disappeared but has greatly reduced in its spread. Fortunately SARS1 and MERS has disappeared.