Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

17 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Is this new also?  I don't remember seeing this before.  Hoping this means they are about to post what we need to know.  Notice the bullet points are currently blank.

vk1.PNG

I saw this yesterday and was so excited.  Finally some much needed specific guidance.  This could put an end to the speculation of what to do and when to do it.  When I called Viking I was told the information would be loaded 7 days before sailing.  WHAT?  I explained I was concerned about meeting the 3 day timeline.  The agent went to speak with her supervisor and came back with this response.  "Meeting a timeline will not be a problem because this is done electronically.  It is like an online Visa."  I explained that I understood that information would be transmitted electronically.  I then asked what Viking would do if I followed the required protocol to the letter but through no fault of mine my test results were not back in time.  I have no control over a lab backlog.  She spoke again with her supervisor and this was response.  "Call around and find a testing site that is open on the weekend."  The testing site is not the monkey wrench so to speak.  I then said so any lab and any PCR test.  She replied Yes to both.  I understand that these are unprecedented times.  As a good business practice it seems something in bold print concerning entry into Bermuda with a caveat would relieve a lot of stress.  We have all had enough stress and we all want to sail again.  I also understand that if I am not happy I do not have to sail.  Being happy is not the issue.  I want to sail even if it is just a floating hotel to nowhere.  I can follow directions just give me the correct ones.  I am trying to gather the correct information and trying not to get caught up in "what ifs".  I have to admit it does seem that the "all knowing wizard" might be AWOL.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, R,D,W said:

I saw this yesterday and was so excited.  Finally some much needed specific guidance.  This could put an end to the speculation of what to do and when to do it.  When I called Viking I was told the information would be loaded 7 days before sailing.  WHAT?  I explained I was concerned about meeting the 3 day timeline.  The agent went to speak with her supervisor and came back with this response.  "Meeting a timeline will not be a problem because this is done electronically.  It is like an online Visa."  I explained that I understood that information would be transmitted electronically.  I then asked what Viking would do if I followed the required protocol to the letter but through no fault of mine my test results were not back in time.  I have no control over a lab backlog.  She spoke again with her supervisor and this was response.  "Call around and find a testing site that is open on the weekend."  The testing site is not the monkey wrench so to speak.  I then said so any lab and any PCR test.  She replied Yes to both.  I understand that these are unprecedented times.  As a good business practice it seems something in bold print concerning entry into Bermuda with a caveat would relieve a lot of stress.  We have all had enough stress and we all want to sail again.  I also understand that if I am not happy I do not have to sail.  Being happy is not the issue.  I want to sail even if it is just a floating hotel to nowhere.  I can follow directions just give me the correct ones.  I am trying to gather the correct information and trying not to get caught up in "what ifs".  I have to admit it does seem that the "all knowing wizard" might be AWOL.

I hate to admit this but, we're so desperate to get away that I may pay the $600 for the Rapid PCR test ("as little as 30 minutes if you live in Georgia"). On day 15 before cruising, I'll see if I can get it arranged. If not I'll cancel the cruise. I don't know why Viking can't figure out that Bermuda wants a test within 3 days (over a weekend) and immediately takes back the third day because your vist request has to be submitted a full day before planned arrival. So, test on Saturday , results to be submitted to Bermuda no less than one day before arrival (not sure how to interpret this) but, it would seem you have to submit your visit paperwork, with included negative test by Sunday night. SMH, why are they so clueless. This situation may end up being a spectator sport. Take bets on: cancellations because of test, turned away because of test and of course, the quantity of totally clueless pax that get left behind. 

26 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

One thing’s for sure, those that make it onto the 6/15 cruise will be a bold and resourceful bunch 🙂

Let me add that I appreciate their pioneering spirit. I booked the 7/20 cruise because I wanted others to show me the way - I’m not the adventurer I once was…

1 hour ago, MRGACRUZR said:

I hate to admit this but, we're so desperate to get away that I may pay the $600 for the Rapid PCR test ("as little as 30 minutes if you live in Georgia"). On day 15 before cruising, I'll see if I can get it arranged. If not I'll cancel the cruise. I don't know why Viking can't figure out that Bermuda wants a test within 3 days (over a weekend) and immediately takes back the third day because your vist request has to be submitted a full day before planned arrival. So, test on Saturday , results to be submitted to Bermuda no less than one day before arrival (not sure how to interpret this) but, it would seem you have to submit your visit paperwork, with included negative test by Sunday night. SMH, why are they so clueless. This situation may end up being a spectator sport. Take bets on: cancellations because of test, turned away because of test and of course, the quantity of totally clueless pax that get left behind. 

I looked at gomed, but it was 2 hours away.  I did find a lab in Lagrange Ga that does rapid PCR tests and does them on the week end.  The cost is $155 pp if you do a virtual visit first.  They will then give you an appointment time to show up to be swabbed. They have several locations, but the closest for us is in Lagrange.  Looks like there are a couple of clinics in Newnan and one in Peachtree City.  Might be closer for you?    https://www.wellstreet.com/covid-19-testing-piedmont/#more

Edited by bafinegan
clarification

22 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I looked at gomed, but it was 2 hours away.  I did find a lab in Lagrange Ga that does rapid PCR tests and does them on the week end.  The cost is $155 pp if you do a virtual visit first.  They will then give you an appointment time to show up to be swabbed. They have several locations, but the closest for us is in Lagrange.  Looks like there are a couple of clinics in Newnan and one in Peachtree City.  Might be closer for you?    https://www.wellstreet.com/covid-19-testing-piedmont/#more

Great info. Thanks. Pretty sure we looked St this yesterday and got the impression you needed to have symptoms. Obviously not. Thanks so much for the info.

50 minutes ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Great info. Thanks. Pretty sure we looked St this yesterday and got the impression you needed to have symptoms. Obviously not. Thanks so much for the info.

I think they will try to bill insurance first.  Site states they do accept medicare.  But I have another question.  Bermuda will process those travel visas on  sunday right?  The site states applications are vetted daily between 0900 and 2000 hours.  I am assuming that means SUnday too?

47 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I think they will try to bill insurance first.  Site states they do accept medicare.  But I have another question.  Bermuda will process those travel visas on  sunday right?  The site states applications are vetted daily between 0900 and 2000 hours.  I am assuming that means SUnday too?

Clear as mud and Viking, so far, has been useless or less.

1 hour ago, MRGACRUZR said:

Clear as mud and Viking, so far, has been useless or less.

Ok, i ended up calling the covid hot line in Bermuda and they are authorizing the travel visas 9 am to 8 pm 7 days a week.

I really do wish Viking would give us some guidelines prior to the 2 week cut off for the no fault cancellation thingy🤨

On 5/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

To try to avoid this nonsense, we are going to pay the $300 for the same-day full PCR test (results in <12 hours).  Good luck to anyone that tries anything else.

And we will likely get tested at two places that use different labs.  Just to be sure of getting results in time.  So pre-travel test will cost us upwards of $1,200.  Just the cost of business...

Where do you get this type of same day PCR test?

8 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Oh, keep in mind that travel is roaring back, so reserve your test appointment a couple of weeks in advance.

Thank you, I’ve searched where we are and all of them say results 48 hours or more.....

10 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Oh, keep in mind that travel is roaring back, so reserve your test appointment a couple of weeks in advance.

We flew on an airplane first time in over a year last weekend, was packed!

1 minute ago, IamAlyce said:

Thank you, I’ve searched where we are and all of them say results 48 hours or more.....

You will have to dig pretty hard to find a place.  The search engines prioritize the bigger providers that only provide long delay PCR or quick non-PCR tests.  Play with keywords.

34 minutes ago, IamAlyce said:

try searching for "quick covid PCR test" or "saliva PCR tests". If you search for rapid covid tests, it might take you to the antigen sites.  

30 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

If you are coming from the east coast, a 24 hour turn around will suffice.  Problem with those is the fine print....

I also found one that does the saliva PCR tests about 10 minutes from home.  Promises 24 hour turn-around time and does the test 6 days a week ( no Sundays).  BUT-$250😲