Reduced capacity?

Redtravel

5 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

just looking at possible cruises since O announced resuming end of August.  There were lots of open cabins.  Then  suddenly only waitlist for B4, C, E, F....no oceanviews or insides.  Most other categories are available. Is this an attempt to reduce capacity?   or is it an attempt to maximize revenue?  it doesn't look like an attempt at social distancing.   Will wait for feedback from the brave sailors who will go on Marina, Good luck.  Hope that it is safe.

Fwiw, after the announcement of sailing resumption our Jan 22 Marina cruise went from having plenty of availability to almost entirely waitlisted. One category left. 

I’m guessing a combo of capacity reduction and a lot of FCC looking for a home where a cruise is now expected.

56 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

just looking at possible cruises since O announced resuming end of August.  There were lots of open cabins.  Then  suddenly only waitlist for B4, C, E, F....no oceanviews or insides.  Most other categories are available. Is this an attempt to reduce capacity?   or is it an attempt to maximize revenue?  it doesn't look like an attempt at social distancing.   Will wait for feedback from the brave sailors who will go on Marina, Good luck.  Hope that it is safe.

If it is a cruise this year could be  limited cabins available  plus  those with FCC & wanting to sail ASAP

booking anything going soon

JMO

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

I vote for maximizing revenue. I believe they are blocking insides and outsides as these sell first due to the much lower cost than the starting veranda cabins. For some people, it is the only way they can afford to cruise on Oceania at all. I actually have a reservation for an inside on Marina Aug. 29 first sailing but when I cancel it, I'll bet it won't go back into inventory.

What could be interesting on reduced capacity for Marina if on August 29 sailing if it is 60% and then by September going to 80 and in October to 100%. I am guessing each ship will go through the  60-80-100% step process.

Based on today’s CDC news, we can expect some more revelations from Del Rio real soon about moving ships and crew in the next 60 days and possible a selection of ships for their sequenced start up.  
there is a Travel Agent Webinar with VP’s Rodriguez and Upshaw so more info could be forthcoming.

🤪🤞🙏👍🛳