Alaska from San Francisco 2023

thesmiths

Any idea when the 10 days Cruises will be out from San Francisco to Alaska for Carnival?

Have until tomorrow to pay for a 7 day from Seattle, I  just saw some 10 days in 2022.

Got me thinking.

If I'm going cross country I'd rather do a 10 day!

Thank you!

Edited by thesmiths

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

For Alaska, those extra days are sea days. You spend the same amount of time in Alaska. It just takes the extra time to sail back and forth from SF.

Correct, yes thank you !

Rather be on a ship for 10 days with a few sea days of R & R before and after hitting the ports then rushing through a 7 day on the ship. More so flying cross country.

And similar logistics / time getting to and from the airport to the cruise terminals in both Seattle and San Francisco.  The extra 3 days at sea would make a really nice difference.  I think we all experience that great "vacation" feeling on days 5 & 6 of the cruise.  Then the cold-hearted cruise line kicks us off of the ship on the 8th morning.  Wouldn't 2 or 3 more days be nice?  Yes they would!

6 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Any idea when the 10 days Cruises will be out from San Francisco to Alaska for Carnival?

Have until tomorrow to pay for a 7 day from Seattle, I  just saw some 10 days in 2022.

Got me thinking.

If I'm going cross country I'd rather do a 10 day!

Thank you!

10 days is always better than 7 days. We do the same as you. Where ever we go we fly. 7 days is to short for the distance we travel, so we only do 14 day or B2Bs. Sailed to Alaska out of Long Beach twice on Journeys cruises and enjoyed them both. The sea days up to Alaska kept our anticipation on a high level, especially since this was our first Alaska cruise. Had 6 wonderful ports. Then the sea days returning to Long Beach was so relaxing. The 2nd time was just as exciting and relaxing as the 1st one. We are waiting for a Journeys to be scheduled, can’t wait to return to Alaska.

we're booked on the July 25th 2022 10-day from San Francisco on the Miracle.  Neither of us have ever been farther west than Denver so we 're very excited for our first Alaska cruise and plan to see some sights in San Francisco too.  And yes, sea days on a ship are way better than any days at work.