MSC Seaside after 1. May without quarantine and vaccination?

Preziosa

4 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Will the rools change after 30. April, so it Will Be possible for turists to Take a Cruise from Genova after the 1. Th of May 2021

I can't imagine any reason why they would when they are just setting strict rules in other regions, it would make no sense, it's only just over a week away?

As far as I am aware the rule changes this week are a phased reduction of domestic travel restrictions and reopening of Italy, and nothing has changed regarding international travel to Italy.

I'm on the 1st May sailing, and have done bit of research and asked MSC lots of questions.  As I understand:

- as long as we arrive in Italy less than 36 hours before boarding (10am), no quarantine in Italy is necessary.

- we need a negative test result made within 48 hours of boarding (10am).    MSC confirmed the certificate can be in German.  They said that if there was a problem with the test certificate then we would be directed to a pharmacy that can do a rapid test (10-15 minutes) but couldn't say which pharmacy it was.  

- the test results and an Italian Government declaration need to be printed 2 / 3 times.

Edited by 8420PR

8420 Pr, You Think it Will Be OK for you to do the travel to Italy, then it also Will Be Ok for us on the 8.th of May. We are comming from Denmark. We Will Be in Genova 9 o clock in the morning on the 8. Th of May.

Yes - as long as you have a negative COVID test from within 48 hours of entering Italy and also within 48 hours of boarding time (could be the same test) and have filled in the form, then I think you will be fine.

If you are flying to Italy then you will need to show the test result before boarding.   If you are driving to Italy then it will likely only be checked when you board, as traffic is flowing normally.

The travel rules are complex and somewhat daunting  - I think somewhat by design, to put people off travelling - but in reality my experience so far during the pandemic (since last June I visited Austria, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Czech Republic, UAE) has been as long as you have the bits of paper it is no problem.

I will let you know my experience in a weeks time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Preziosa said:

8420PR. Now the biggest problem is Germany. Not possible to drive on Motorway between 22 to 5 o clock because lock down in the nighttime. Is it possible to take a break after 22 in Switzerland... 

And this is going to get worse since the new law went into effect in Germany.  Almost everything is closed and you definitely don't want to get caught out after 22:00

Despite living in Germany now, I didn't consider the curfew - that could be a pain.   I thought there would be an exception for transit, but cannot find the rules.  

We are taking bus and train to Italy on Friday (leaving at 0630 and arriving in Genoa at 1800), and then will stay in a hotel overnight before boarding the next day.  The are no restrictions on staying in hotels and hotel restaurants are open (for guests only).  The rules will be loosened on 1st May, so it is likely more restaurants will be open.

The rules to enter Italy are you can enter up to 36 hours before embarkation and be considered as in transit (see exceptions on below link), which means no quarantine required.     

http://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto

You could arrive on the Friday or Saturday, by plane or car, the rules are the same.   Personally I would prefer to arrive on the Friday, just so it is more relaxed embarkation.

The information we had from MSC, as well as seeing other people posting their experiences leads me to believe there will be no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Friends of mine are currently on the Seaside! Only about a 1000 travellers are onboard and they did get a very nice upgrade!

They were flying from the Netherlands to Genova. They had a PCR test from home, and they were tested at boarding the ship. Everything is fine for them....so jealous...