Accident on Paradies

Mark

Does anyone know what happend to the thread that dealt with a guy who had a 200 pound door fall on him while he was sitting at the Amercian Bar on Carnical Paradise. It had some really interesting reading and sounds like a real negligence liability for Carnival Corp. Can you imagine sitting at a bar and having a steel door fall off the wall and hit you?

Where is that thread and if it was pulled, why?:confused:

Does anyone know what happend to the thread that dealt with a guy who had a 200 pound door fall on him while he was sitting at the Amercian Bar on Carnical Paradise. It had some really interesting reading and sounds like a real negligence liability for Carnival Corp. Can you imagine sitting at a bar and having a steel door fall off the wall and hit you?

Mark,

I saw the thread earlier and can not find it now. Dont know why it would have been pulled as it was pretty civil compared to other threads.

Dave

yes, they can delete individual posts.

Thanx! But, I suppose that sometimes it's just "too late" and "too many responses" in to delete that one post that "got the whole thing riled up" in the first place! :rolleyes:

Oh well...have a good night everyone!

To quote LauraS in the Community Guidelines:

Special Note Regarding Removal Of Posts

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to it's author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. Additionally, the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. If you have a question about the removal of any posting please contact me at community@cruisecritic.com.

Yeah, that freedom of speech thing can be such a pain sometimes.

Actually, consider the possibility that the host could possibly know something that we don't.

Honestly, I took the OP of that thread as trying to solicit members of this board for purposes of their own financial gain - to wit: a lawsuit. That *really* did not sit well with me, but there was such an outpouring of sympathy here rather than a healthy dose of skepticism. No wonder people like to sue and get in front of a jury!

I just had a question - do the hosts have the ability to just delete portions of threads?? Just to do those post that are 'offensive'??

They do have the ability to remove posts in place of the entire thread but I understand that it takes longer to do and many times the hosts do not have time to do this and just remove the entire thread.

We should all be grateful for folks who share their stories with us on these boards! Otherwise how would we ever here of people finding large bugs in their salads in the dining room or steel doors falling off the wall and hitting passengers sitting at a bar? You know the cruise lines would never release this type of information. Thank God for freedom of speech and of the press!:cool:

In the original posting, she had stated they were both going to the doctor today to be checked out. If I remember the original posting correctly, he had a sore back and neck. She had injured herself trying to get the heavy door off of him.

Dave

Archived