air to sea question

I am currently booked on the grandeur of the seas on February 20, 2022.  I have been checking the flight prices on Air to sea/Choice Air and they have been fluctuating from PHL from 505 to 1100.  These are refundable flights.  My question is, if I book the flight now and the price decreases, can I call and have a price adjustment?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I am currently booked on the grandeur of the seas on February 20, 2022.  I have been checking the flight prices on Air to sea/Choice Air and they have been fluctuating from PHL from 505 to 1100.  These are refundable flights.  My question is, if I book the flight now and the price decreases, can I call and have a price adjustment?  

We are also booked on that cruise and I made A2S reservations at the time I booked.  At this point, it is on a charter flight (bookings had not yet opened up for those dates when I booked).  We were not able to choose seats or even upgrade to FC.  I cannot seem to put my hands on the air part of this booking....it is not incorporated into my cruise booking confirmation which is normally the case...so I really have no idea what I paid...or will be paying.  It is my understanding that these kinds of bookings CAN be repriced.  I have never tried to do it so I cannot say how successful it might be but I do believe that it can be done.  Your post and then my inability to find my A2S reservation has spurred me to get on the phone and try and get a confirmation that includes the air reservation !!

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We are also booked on that cruise and I made A2S reservations at the time I booked.  At this point, it is on a charter flight (bookings had not yet opened up for those dates when I booked).  We were not able to choose seats or even upgrade to FC.  I cannot seem to put my hands on the air part of this booking....it is not incorporated into my cruise booking confirmation which is normally the case...so I really have no idea what I paid...or will be paying.  It is my understanding that these kinds of bookings CAN be repriced.  I have never tried to do it so I cannot say how successful it might be but I do believe that it can be done.  Your post and then my inability to find my A2S reservation has spurred me to get on the phone and try and get a confirmation that includes the air reservation !!

So you have seen the up and down prices for this cruise.  Its crazy.

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

So you have seen the up and down prices for this cruise.  Its crazy.

Yeah.  Unbelievable.  I booked a 2 BR GS on Jan 13 for $7256.42 (includes $490 gratuities...so total cruisefare is actually $6766.42).  The price for this suite, the last time I could see a price (almost every room category is now showing "closed" on CP) was well over $10K.  Maybe more.  I can't remember exactly....but the price skyrocketed after the first couple of days of offering this cruise for sale.  I think the only cabin categories that are still available for sale are a couple of inside categories.  It's very unusual in CP.  Normally when a category is "sold out" it shows "WLS" which is "wait list" but you can still see the prices.  For this cruise, CP is showing "CLS" which means "Closed".  I would be alarmed except that there are still some of the inside categories that are bookable.  It's been a very unusual booking from the very beginning.

You can call and reprice up till final payment date if they are the refundable/pay later type fare but it’s not as simple as repricing a cruise. It’s almost like starting all over as you have to go through the full process. I’ve done it several times. 

• Thanks 1

I've also repriced several times in the past. It seems like what usually happens is I will call and say I see a better price and the agent will not see the same thing I'm seeing. If that happens to you, ask them to cancel your original reservation (they will actually put it on hold in case you can't get the lower price you are seeing) and stay on the phone with you while you book the new price yourself online. The reason you have to do it this way is because once you've made an air2sea reservation, you can't make another one.  It's worked for me every time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Ill try booking today before it goes back up again.  It is refundable.  Just wish the cheaper flights were American as we have some international miles but no where near what American is offering for this cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

So glad to come across this post.  Last night, my brother and I were looking at possible multi-generational holiday family cruises.  Yes, we understand the cruise fare will be “holiday pricey,” but we were shocked to find the airfare in the $800 - $1200 range.  At the most expensive, we should be able to fly round trip to MCO for $500 (if it  were not holiday timing, it could be as low as $100).  It sounds like we might also be looking at “charter” type fares.  Since we JUST started looking at options, we will need to keep an eye on both cruise and air price fluctuations.