CSC FINALLY ANNOUNCES RETURN TO CRUISING!

Donut23

11:20 pm Wednesday 

USA Today will announce shortly on their website ...

CDC HAS ANNOUNCED RETURN TO US CRUISING DATE

JULY. 2021

(hubby is in the news business.  His network is currently searching for a second.  They never publish stories without a second source.)

Here is the story

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/04/28/cdc-cruises-could-restart-july/4883450001/

U.S. cruises could restart in mid-July with 95% of passengers fully vaccinated, CDC says

===

In a statement about the letter, spokesperson Caitlin Shockey gave USA TODAY a more specific timeline. Cruises could begin passenger voyages from the United States in mid-July, depending on cruise lines' pace and compliance with the CDC's Framework for Conditional Sailing Order

"CDC looks forward to continued engagement with the industry and urges cruise lines to submit Phase 2A port agreements as soon as possible to maintain the timeline of passenger voyages by mid-July," Shockey said.

===

Read the whole article there are multiple criteria cruise lines have to comply with to resume cruising earlier or perhaps easier than with prior restrictions.  Step in the right direction but not a removal of the no sail order. 

Looks like the ball is still in the court of the cruise lines

Edited by dns65

On 4/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, broberts said:

I think it's safe to predict another round of posts about the nasty unfair CDC.

I'm hoping that we will be able to keep it civil here, of course I freely admit that at times I have been unable to comment tactfully when some comments are so far over the glass.

On 5/1/2021 at 9:33 PM, Blackduck59 said:

I'm hoping that we will be able to keep it civil here, of course I freely admit that at times I have been unable to comment tactfully when some comments are so far over the glass.

We have done a few cruises on Norwegian but prefer HAL and Princess. I have to admire Norwegian for taking a stance on ensuring all passengers and crew will be vaccinated prior to departing. The last thing I want to happen is to be quarantined in a cabin indefinitely because one of the unvaccinated passenger got infected. 

This is the article

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/norwegian-cruise-line-threatens-skip-160940524.html

I support CDC in ensuring 95% passengers  are vaccinated to prevent getting quarantined. 

We had numerous cruises cancel and the cruise line should do what is necessary to keep us safe.

I hope Canada keeps our border closed or require vaccination prior to entry from US as they have 10 times the population so it would not take much to cause a problem. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, lostinparadise999 said:

We have done a few cruises on Norwegian but prefer HAL and Princess. I have to admire Norwegian for taking a stance on ensuring all passengers and crew will be vaccinated prior to departing. The last thing I want to happen is to be quarantined in a cabin indefinitely because one of the unvaccinated passenger got infected. 

This is the article

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/norwegian-cruise-line-threatens-skip-160940524.html

I support CDC in ensuring 95% passengers  are vaccinated to prevent getting quarantined. 

We had numerous cruises cancel and the cruise line should do what is necessary to keep us safe.

I hope Canada keeps our border closed or require vaccination prior to entry from US as they have 10 times the population so it would not take much to cause a problem. 

CDC allows independent shore trips, depending on the country requirement.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6110/?et_cid=3429724&et_rid=139180186&et_referrer=Boards