Did Celebrity change their policy on re-pricing and upgrading rooms?

We are having a similar problem as OP on July  cruise.  There is a price drop and I was told that the only thing we can do is a cabin upgrade.  I thought that Cruise with Confidence policy states that after final payment any price drop will be credited as OBC.

After we lifted and shifted a booking with 4 perks, the $300 OBC was changed to $250.  Celebrity Engagement agreed that the perk was always  $300, but "management"  denies it.   Anyone else have this happen?  

That is what CwC says price drop after final payment is credited as OBC.

Here is the text from the FAQ on their web page.   Did you tell them you wanted to use the CwC best price guarantee?   Maybe use this phone number.   As far as the Lift&Shift OBC issue if you have a copy of your invoice for the original cruise that should be enough to have them "protect" that amount of OBC for the new sailing.   I agree perk OBC was always $300 ($150 pp).

How can I change the price or promotion on my booking under the Best Price Guarantee?

You may request a change in the cruise price and offer up to 48 hours prior to the departure date. You must contact your travel advisor or call Celebrity Cruises at 1-800-437-3111 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide at least 48 hours prior to sailing. You may change the price and offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the sailing. If Celebrity Cruises’ “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare after the Final Payment due date, then the difference will be provided to guests in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit for use on the guest’s cruise.  If our “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare before the Final Payment due date, the difference will be provided in a rate adjustment. Certain promotions will be excluded from the policy. A list of exclusions will be provided.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 7:53 AM, npb said:

We are having a similar problem as OP on July  cruise.  There is a price drop and I was told that the only thing we can do is a cabin upgrade.  I thought that Cruise with Confidence policy states that after final payment any price drop will be credited as OBC.

After we lifted and shifted a booking with 4 perks, the $300 OBC was changed to $250.  Celebrity Engagement agreed that the perk was always  $300, but "management"  denies it.   Anyone else have this happen?  

I have received 2 price reductions since booking this cruise on 4/4/21

10 minutes ago, baldeagle66 said:

I have received 2 price reductions since booking this cruise on 4/4/21

It wasn't easy, but I think I did it.    I called TA again and told him to explain Cruise with Confidence policy to Celebrity rep.  I was told it would take 14 days to process.  Did you book directly with Celebrity?  Did it take 14 days?

Edited by npb

It should be able to be done with the TA on the phone with them.  Make sure your TA knows you expect them to keep on top of it and notify you with a new invoice when completed.   Your TA seems pretty uninformed, you may want to look around for a better one.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

Today I went into one of our reservations for next year, and was looking to see what the price was for a one category upgrade, and what I saw and what they quoted were two different prices. She told me it’s because it’s not a new booking, that I couldn’t take advantage of the new offers, and I had to stick with my military current offer. Question, when did this change?  I used to re-price all the time and get lower rates. So now when we book that is it, no more price drops??

Some promotions ARE for new bookings only, and the booking system will not allow them to make the change.  Now sometimes the promotion may say "new bookings only" but the system will still allow. So doesn't hurt to check.  And of course if the cruise is prior to May of 2022, you can cancel the first one, and get an FCC for your deposit.  I made the mistake of cancelling a September 2022 cruise, thinking I'd get an FCC for the entire deposit, and then when I only got back $150 per person, realized it was AFTER CWC expires.  But when I called, and explained that I had rebooked the same ship and sail date the very date I cancelled, they gave me back the non refundable portion as well.

3 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

Some promotions ARE for new bookings only, and the booking system will not allow them to make the change.  Now sometimes the promotion may say "new bookings only" but the system will still allow. So doesn't hurt to check.  And of course if the cruise is prior to May of 2022, you can cancel the first one, and get an FCC for your deposit.  I made the mistake of cancelling a September 2022 cruise, thinking I'd get an FCC for the entire deposit, and then when I only got back $150 per person, realized it was AFTER CWC expires.  But when I called, and explained that I had rebooked the same ship and sail date the very date I cancelled, they gave me back the non refundable portion as well.

TY, this cruise is next Oct.

I’ll keep checking thank you everyone!

On 5/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, wrk2cruise said:

You should put the new room on 24hr hold being careful to add insurance and whatever.  Then call in and ask them to send you a guest invoice so you can review it to make sure it includes everything as you understand on the website.   If it's still the lower price I'd call and reference the held reservation.   It should be a no brainer at that point escalate if necessary.

Thank you!!!! This was the BEST advise. I put a hold on the other room last night, and called today, and Tionnie was able to look at that reservation with the cruise care added, and was able to switch our room, and give us the current deal listed on our held room. She was able to get her team to make a few adjustments in the rates to bring it to the price that I had on hold. So we upgraded! 😁 As someone on here said, they all have different levels of knowledge, so keep calling.

Thank you, wrk2cruise and everyone that chimed in with advise! I knew someone would be able to help.