Sofa bed photo?

LINK:

Norwegian GETAWAY Deck Plans, Diagrams, Pictures, Video (cruisedeckplans.com)

Click on deck 16 - look for the Photo Icon or Youtube video and Click again - search away

Another source if you have a specific cabin:

Google - NCL GETAWAY (and the cabin number) xxxxx

What cabin are you specifically interested in ?

Nothing there reference the deck plan and look for a mirror image cabin on the other side of

the ship or adjacent cabins for or aft of what you are searching for, 

12 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

LINK:

Norwegian GETAWAY Deck Plans, Diagrams, Pictures, Video (cruisedeckplans.com)

Click on deck 16 - look for the Photo Icon or Youtube video and Click again - search away

Another source if you have a specific cabin:

Google - NCL GETAWAY (and the cabin number) xxxxx

What cabin are you specifically interested in ?

Nothing there reference the deck plan and look for a mirror image cabin on the other side of

the ship or adjacent cabins for or aft of what you are searching for, 

Thank you for this link they don't have any showing the beds made up. I have 2 grown sons and want to be sure they can sleep on these sofa beds.

Have a good day.

39 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thank you for this link they don't have any showing the beds made up. I have 2 grown sons and want to be sure they can sleep on these sofa beds.

Have a good day.

Hi. My teen daughter slept on the sofa bed in the living room on the Escape's sister ship The Breakaway. It is a twin. The one in the 2nd bedroom is a double, but sleeping 2 adults would be tight.  You will want to ask for a mattress topper for both sofa beds as they are not very comfortable. Here is a photo of the sofa/bed in the second bedroom. 

IMG_0521.JPG

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hi. My teen daughter slept on the sofa bed in the living room on the Escape's sister ship The Breakaway. It is a twin. The one in the 2nd bedroom is a double, but sleeping 2 adults would be tight.  You will want to ask for a mattress topper for both sofa beds as they are not very comfortable. Here is a photo of the sofa/bed in the second bedroom. 

IMG_0521.JPG

This is great thank you. Our youngest sleeps in he will be 29 so this will be good. Our oldest at 35 is smaller so should be fine on the sofa bed he is like me up very early. Our 12 year old grandson will have the upper in the second bedroom with his uncle. Got nervous because the cabin looks a lot smaller than the one on the Gem or the Dawn.

Have a good day.

Just now, latebloomer56 said:

This is great thank you. Our youngest sleeps in he will be 29 so this will be good. Our oldest at 35 is smaller so should be fine on the sofa bed he is like me up very early. Our 12 year old grandson will have the upper in the second bedroom with his uncle. Got nervous because the cabin looks a lot smaller than the one on the Gem or the Dawn.

Have a good day.

The sofa cushion in the living room is the mattress. Nothing folds out, so when you are sitting on the sofa, you are sitting on the twin mattress. I hope this makes sense. If you look at the photo below you will see what I mean. They take off the two back pillows and put sheets and such on the sofa cushion -  "mattress" - at night. 

Getaway sofa.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think those sofas were replaced in the late 2019 dry dock.  There is a recent video from a travel agent posted in April 2020 that shows a more typical sofa bed with a dark brown fabric.  I wonder if it is more like the ones on the Jewel Class refurb.  Google "ncl getaway haven h4 cabin".

PammyMouse

Sorry I don't have a picture but on the Bliss the first night the room Stewart had the sofa really opened up and it was huge but it was only inches from the floor and I'm no spring chicken and knew I would have a hard time getting up out of it so I had to call and made into more of a twin with a topper and it was super comfy.   

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/3/2021 at 12:22 PM, HBCcruiser said:

The sofa cushion in the living room is the mattress. Nothing folds out, so when you are sitting on the sofa, you are sitting on the twin mattress. I hope this makes sense. If you look at the photo below you will see what I mean. They take off the two back pillows and put sheets and such on the sofa cushion -  "mattress" - at night. 

Getaway sofa.webp 75.66 kB · 32 downloads

Hi did you happen to have another pic of this as the link is now broken. I would love to see the sofa bed in a haven living room made up as a bed if possible. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Rmeister23 said:

Hi did you happen to have another pic of this as the link is now broken. I would love to see the sofa bed in a haven living room made up as a bed if possible. 

I’m not sure I have that one. We have the haven second bedroom. I can tell you that the mattress is actually the sofa cushion. It only sleeps one. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

Seeing these pics gives me PTSD from our last NCL. My husband and I spent a week in one of these "closets". (Long story that almost killed a friendship") The bright spot was you could never truly fall out of bed because you just ended up in the weirdly wedged position between the mattress and counter.

4 hours ago, Rmeister23 said:

Hi did you happen to have another pic of this as the link is now broken. I would love to see the sofa bed in a haven living room made up as a bed if possible. Thanks!

You can sort of see it in the bottom of this picture. 

B9E59B50-42B9-4D5C-A8F9-6044C1E4E730.jpeg

• Thanks 1