Mardi Gras / Havana / the Lanai / Patio Pool

I know no one has been on the Mardi gras yet. I was talking to my PCP and she was not 100% sure that the Lanai section which is the outside section of deck 8 aft of the atrium is Havana only or not. Also she didn't know if the Patio pool which is all the way aft on that deck is Havana only. There is the Havana only pool on deck 8 forward starboard side. 

does anyone have more info?

Idk but I've read the Havana area is smaller on mardi gras not larger. It would surprise me greatly if both the forward and aft pools on deck 8 were Havana. Doesnt sound logical that a smaller Havana area would have 2 pools. 

I've read there is another pay area on this ship maybe you are looking at idk. 

The Havana pool is the small one on the side. The Havana area on Mardi Gras is more of an afterthought. They put the focus on the new Loft 19 area. The Havana area is much better on the Vista class ships.

• Like 1

thats making me not want to bother going on the mardi gras. i am not a fan of the LARGE ships. and if i'm gonna go on one then i want havana. but it doesnt seem worth it to me. since it is basically the same price if we went on the horizon or vista (if i remember correctly) and you get a lot more.

if i could guarantee having a loft 19 cabana, i would book an ocean view on the mardi gras in a second and just pay the price for that.

side note, if we did do the havana cabana and we were on the port side (and it had shade at that time), are you allowed to take your chairs from your lanai over your railing to be closer to the water?

11 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

side note, if we did do the havana cabana and we were on the port side (and it had shade at that time), are you allowed to take your chairs from your lanai over your railing to be closer to the water?

On the Horizon and Vista, you could not move your lanai (patio) chairs closer to the deck rail and they would block passage.  As far as moving loungers in the open area, you can do that but it would depend upon what area is available.