Quick refund time!

kbella

When my August 13, 2021 Intensive Croatia cruise was canceled I requested a 100% refund rather than a 125% FCC and I was prepared to wait the 30 to 45 days as noted in my refund request confirmation. I was pleasantly shocked today when the full refund for cruise was credited to my account after only 9 days.  

Crystal canceled my cruise last year and it took 146 days including filing a dispute with the credit card company. 

Good job Azamara!

• Like 6

We had our May Italy and Greece cruises cancelled. Money was credited to our cards within about 2 weeks. Cruises from last year took close to 3 months. Obviously they were hit by a very nasty cash crunch. My thinking is that if Azamara was a less than reputable company, they could have easily stalled on the latest repayments. They did not. So if the Sea Gods shine upon us, we will be back on Quest around 1PM October 9, 2021, Civitavecchia, Italy.

• Like 1

I hope everyone is getting the same fast refunds. It’s so travel agent dependent if your booked through one. 
I think the good guys (agencies and cruise lines) have developed much slicker processes over the last year. 
Im not sure if Azamara is using their own systems for this yet or not but it looks like they have secured processing clout already which is great to see. 

• Like 4

On 5/7/2021 at 12:27 AM, uktog said:

I hope everyone is getting the same fast refunds. It’s so travel agent dependent if your booked through one. 
I think the good guys (agencies and cruise lines) have developed much slicker processes over the last year. 
Im not sure if Azamara is using their own systems for this yet or not but it looks like they have secured processing clout already which is great to see. 

If you don't live in the US; US agents charge their clients cards directly with Azamara (or whichever cruise line), at least all I know do.  There are of course clients who don't wish to use a credit card, and yes that may make a difference