Booked our very first RCL cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas

I know this ship is older and smaller than the Mega Ships of the RCL fleet, but the Southern Cruise ports of Trinidad, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia and Barbados were really appealing and we are in port pretty much everyday.

If anyone has any suggestions for our first RCL cruise, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Eat and drink in excess.  Sleep in and stay up late.  Take lots of pictures but not so many that you impede your enjoyment and experience exploring your great ports of call.  Tip well. Don't buy the photo package. Try a different drink every day. Climb the rock wall. Get a Kummelweck sandwich from Park Cafe. Don't buy art at Park West's art auction. Get a massage. Eat and drink in excess. 😉 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Eat and drink in excess.  Sleep in and stay up late.  Take lots of pictures but not so many that you impede your enjoyment and experience exploring your great ports of call.  Tip well. Don't buy the photo package. Try a different drink every day. Climb the rock wall. Get a Kummelweck sandwich from Park Cafe. Don't buy art at Park West's art auction. Get a massage. Eat and drink in excess. 😉 

Thanks!

You'll get a little more response if you let folks know how much cruising experience you have and on what lines.  It'll give a frame of reference for folks to highlight the differences.

My first cruise was in 2004 on Rhapsody. The itinerary was Key West, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. Spent my 40th birthday in Key West hanging out with some of the crew at a bar there. Enjoyed all the stops. I think the ship is a good size for a first cruise since it's smaller.

I've been to St. Lucia and Barbados and enjoyed both. We cruised a while back and had 5 days in a row at one port or another in the Caribbean. One morning I looked out the window after we arrived in port and asked my wife if we had really moved - some of the ports look similar. After a few days, I was ready for some sea days but still enjoyed the ports.  

On 5/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, Jingerwoppy said:

My first cruise was in 2004 on Rhapsody. The itinerary was Key West, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. Spent my 40th birthday in Key West hanging out with some of the crew at a bar there. Enjoyed all the stops. I think the ship is a good size for a first cruise since it's smaller.

I've been to St. Lucia and Barbados and enjoyed both. We cruised a while back and had 5 days in a row at one port or another in the Caribbean. One morning I looked out the window after we arrived in port and asked my wife if we had really moved - some of the ports look similar. After a few days, I was ready for some sea days but still enjoyed the ports.  

This is helpful, thanks!

On 5/6/2021 at 4:30 PM, esdoorn said:

I know this ship is older and smaller than the Mega Ships of the RCL fleet, but the Southern Cruise ports of Trinidad, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia and Barbados were really appealing and we are in port pretty much everyday.

If anyone has any suggestions for our first RCL cruise, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

When are you sailing?  We are booked for December 26, 2022.  The itinerary looks great.