New Cruise Booked!

funforsun

Is it just me, or has this happened to you.

Got back from our 25th anniversary 15-day Princess cruise to Hawaii (which was GREAT), and got back into the work-a-day world. It only took a couple of days, but depression was setting in without me really knowing it. :confused: I found myself on the internet researching cruises the entire weekend and looking for the next adventure. :eek:

I convinced my DW to go take a short cruise on HAL, (4-day LA to Seattle on Volendam) primarily because I want to get away, but also to try HAL out for the longer world adventure type cruises.

Well, I booked the cruise today and violla, I FEEL GREAT! :D So, it turns out that it was the lack of having a cruise booked that lead to the down and out feelings. I guess this means that I must always have a cruise booked in the future. Not a bad thing, I think.

So, does this happen to you?

Well, I booked the cruise today and violla, I FEEL GREAT! :D So, it turns out that it was the lack of having a cruise booked that lead to the down and out feelings. I guess this means that I must always have a cruise booked in the future. Not a bad thing, I think.

It's a great addiction, isn't it! I just booked one today too!

I feel like the little boy on the latest Disney commercial..."I'm too excited to sleep...

Welcome to our world! It's called cruise addiction and it is rare that people can avoid it having once enjoyed a cruise.

Keep in mind that the three keys to living a long life are having someone to love, something meaningful to do and something to look forward to. In that context, cruising is definitely beneficial to your health. Therefore it is perfectly justifiable to book that next cruise as quickly as possible.

Also, fortunately, this is an addiction that usually strikes both spouses with equal intensity, making further justification unnecessary.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and many more!

Keep in mind that the three keys to living a long life are having someone to love, something meaningful to do and something to look forward to. In that context, cruising is definitely beneficial to your health. Therefore it is perfectly justifiable to book that next cruise as quickly as possible.

Oh yes...Welcome to the club. the2ofus said it best. We will be on that curise in April having come from Panama going to Seattle.

Absolutely! Having another cruise booked is the only therapy that works for PCD (post-cruise depression.) A short coastal is a great way to test the waters. I'm convinced you'll be pleased. We have also sailed Princess and enjoyed our trips very much. But HAL is a cut above, IMO. Have fun planning your trip.

At least I am not the only one. Thanks for your responses. However, I have got to figure out how to get 4-5 cruises booked so my signature looks more complete! It seems like most of you have several cruises planned. Oh I can't wait.

It's a great addiction, isn't it! I just booked one today too!

Since I got back from my Amsterdam cruise, I am feeling "the pain" too. I only wish more of the 2007 itineraries and pricing was available. Then I'd book another one in a heartbeat. Problem is that I am already booked for a b2b Caribbean in the fall on HAL, and that's about the extent of my available vacation time this year. When you take a 30-day cruise at the top of a new year, the vacation time tends to dwindle down. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Is it just me, or has this happened to you.

Got back from our 25th anniversary 15-day Princess cruise to Hawaii (which was GREAT), and got back into the work-a-day world. It only took a couple of days, but depression was setting in without me really knowing it. :confused: I found myself on the internet researching cruises the entire weekend and looking for the next adventure. :eek:

Oh yeah big time! I came back from my last trip in Sept/October and thought nothing but where I would cruise next despite having made no plans for one earlier and thinking 2006 would be the year I spend time working on the condo and staying close to home. I managed to make it through Oct/Nov/Dec and thought I was cured. But oh no! Along comes January, a bit of snow and I decided late one night to cure myself and just do it. So now I too have a cruise booked for 2006!

I blame HAL for sure for getting me addicted! I guess its healthier than smoking though. I have no plans to join Cruisers Anonymous anytime soon! :)

We just returned from 30 days on the AMsterdam and PCP is definitly setting in. I can't book another right away and I am so, so sad:( .....But 74 days in the last 4 months has used up my cruise funds for awhile:rolleyes: But I do have our name on the wait list for a wonderful cruise in the summer of 07':D

Yes, it's the old post cruise depression all right. DH and I are taking a Carnival cruise in two weeks, but to head off our PCD, I have already booked a Holland America cruise on the Zuiderdam for December :cool: So, now when we return from our early March cruise we will have the HAL cruise to look forward to and that nasty PCD won't set in. Well, at least it won't be as severe as usual :)

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006

Royal Caribbean - 2001

We are looking to book in 2007 also but looking for Nov/Dec. No luck in getting any itinerary/prices.:( Generally HAL has those open by now. We are booked on the Volendam for Dec 06 so we have that to look forward to for now.:p If anyone gets the nod when these open, would love a post on the boards for a headsup and thanks!

Archived