Is the sofa bed comfortable for sitting?

Redtravel

Looking to make a booking.  Most of the available cabins have a sofa bed.  To get a cabin with a regular sofa, the location isn’t great. We don’t need it for sleeping. However, we often spend time sitting on the sofa in the cabin.  The standard soda without the bed is very comfortable.  How does the sofa bed compare to it?  Should we book the cabin with the sofa bed or choose the cabin with a regular sofa? 

Just now, Redtravel said:

Looking to make a booking.  Most of the available cabins have a sofa bed.  To get a cabin with a regular sofa, the location isn’t great. We don’t need it for sleeping. However, we often spend time sitting on the sofa in the cabin.  The standard soda without the bed is very comfortable.  How does the sofa bed compare to it?  Should we book the cabin with the sofa bed or choose the cabin with a regular sofa? 

We have had both  & never noticed a difference  for just sitting on them

I often will stretch out  to read on the sofa   we usually are in the  A & B cabins

• Like 1

Don’t let the sofa alter your stateroom decision. We have undoubtedly had both and did not feel a difference.  Depending on the level, there can be a comfortable side chair as well. One great place for some comfy chairs is the library, sometimes even bushed travelers asleep in one of those overstuffed leather chairs.  Just come aboard and ENJOY. 

I will be the contrarian here because my spouse, who uses the sofa a great deal during a cruise, believes there is an enormous comfort difference between the two. (The sofa bed is much harder but I seldom use it more than a few minutes a day.) We usually are in the B cabins.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 2

I think our sofa was a sofa bed on one of our cruises, and not on the other, and I don't think there was a significant difference. Truthfully, neither one were all that comfortable, and I prefer sitting on the bed to read with my legs stretched out!

I don't think I would make a cabin selection based upon the sofa, personally, but do what is right for you!