Explorer final payment due June 5th

Cleckie

What are the chances final payment for Explorer, Tokyo to Singapore leaving Nov 2nd will be pushed out. Final payment on June 5th is creeping up fast and the United States just made Japan level 4 travel advisory.  

Agree Pcardad,  but since payment is due on June 5, which is a Saturday, those of us on this cruise will have to pay by 4th , so hopefully Regent does not WAIT  till the 4th to announce postponement for the due date, or cancellation

17 hours ago, Pcardad said:

They won't....

I disagree. 

For our 2021 cruise Regent waited until the Friday before payment was due on Saturday to postpone payment to 60 days. Those people who didn't want to make the payment canceled just days before Regent changed the date so those who had paid any non-refundable amounts (deviation fees) lost those monies.  I contacted our TA and instructed her to cancel us at the last possible minute if Regent didn't move the date as i didn't want to cancel and lose my deviation fees if i didn't have to. The very next week Regent canceled our cruise.

I don't make these comments to critize Regent, i understand they are playing with a moving target and trying to keep cruises intact if they can.  I give you the heads up to not cancel until the last minute if you have any non-refundable monies in the game as they have made last minute changes. This is when it is very important to work closely with a TA who works closely with Regent. She gave me the heads up that something maybe happening with the cruise. 

• Like 2

1982 CruzStart said:

"I don't make these comments to critize Regent"

I disagree, I think Regent  SHOULD either cancel or delay payment due date BEFORE  last minute due time. 

18 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Wait until the 4th.

--That would NOT be nice !!!

1 minute ago, docmark said:

I disagree, I think Regent  SHOULD either cancel or delay payment due date BEFORE  last minute due time. 

I agree Regent should either cancel or delay payment before the last minute. My point was i am sympathetic to those in the cruise industry and am so very tired of all the negativity around cruising right know. I was trying not jump on that band wagon but to give an example of how Pcardad may not be correct. 

I still think they should try and provide more timely information. It was extremely frustrating waiting to see what they would do expecially in the case of our cruise as there was absolutely no chance the cruise would go as scheduled cuz it involved a start in Canada and that was definitely not going to happen in September. Of course i suppose they were originally holding out for Congress to pass the sailing exemption so they could bypass Canada but the cruise was 19 days long so it wasn't in compliance with the CDC so it was a no go anyways. 

11 minutes ago, docmark said:

-That would NOT be nice !!!

You are correct and in our case it wasn't nice. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I never make a payment until the very last second, and back it up in writing, to my internal person. Too many variables right now. Regent can process a payment on a Saturday.

I am sure in THIS situation probably close to 100% of people on this cruise will wait till Friday 6/4/21, the day before due time (Saturday), my TA and many others don't work  on Saturdays ; however I INSIST that  " It is not nice"  and considerate for Regent to wait until 6/4/21 to announce a "change". They should do that THIS week 

You can make a payment directly to Regent on your own...and while you consider it to be "not nice", I would guess that Regent is looking at the bigger picture of juggling 5 cruises ships, multiple cruises, thousand and thousands of clients and trying to come up with the best solution. Lots of variables at play here and as long as you know BEFORE the payment due date all is well yes? It certainly beats knowing 3 days after.

• Like 2