An Issue with Celebrity’s Plan?

ATLfuzzy

20 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

Not sure what this means, but the local ABC news in Los Angeles reported that Royal was no longer requiring vaccinations on cruises from Florida and Texas. They quite explicitly said the change was due to state laws that did not allow them to require vaccination. Now, I agree they might have gotten the reasoning wrong, but if they are right that will be a big bummer for Celebrity and other lines that wish to continue requiring vaccinations. 

This has been discussed quite throughly on the boards here

I was just looking on Celebrity's site and just noticed this...not sure if it's been recently updated or been the same wording for a while now: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise? What documents count as proof of vaccination?  How far in advance do I need to get my vaccine?

At this time, we are requiring guests 18 years and older to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Each guest must submit proof of full vaccination no later than boarding day, in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or (2) the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination. Electronic vaccination records will only be accepted for residents of those countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form (e.g., a unique QR code). The vaccination record submitted to Celebrity Cruises must show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series), and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before sailing.

What I find interesting is the wording it starts with..."At this time". To me that leaves it open to change at any time.

Another thing I find a bit interesting is that the Equinox is supposed to start sailing July 4th...however if you look at pricing of the first 3 sailings pricing is almost double of that compared to the sailings that follow. Makes you kind of wonder if they are thinking of cancelling those first 3 Equinox sailings. Kind of makes me think something is in the works....like maybe they are going to go the test sailing route on Equinox and delay the revenue sailings start date and not requiring proof of vaccine just like Royal changed over to. I am going to put it out there and bet that by end of July Celebrity wouldn't be requiring proof of vaccine on any of their sailings out of FL following Royal's recent change.

Edited by bajathree

19 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I was just looking on Celebrity's site and just noticed this...not sure if it's been recently updated or been the same wording for a while now: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise? What documents count as proof of vaccination?  How far in advance do I need to get my vaccine?

At this time, we are requiring guests 18 years and older to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Each guest must submit proof of full vaccination no later than boarding day, in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) or (2) the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination. Electronic vaccination records will only be accepted for residents of those countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form (e.g., a unique QR code). The vaccination record submitted to Celebrity Cruises must show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series), and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before sailing.

What I find interesting is the wording it starts with..."At this time". To me that leaves it open to change at any time.

Another thing I find a bit interesting is that the Equinox is supposed to start sailing July 4th...however if you look at pricing of the first 3 sailings pricing is almost double of that compared to the sailings that follow. Makes you kind of wonder if they are thinking of cancelling those first 3 Equinox sailings. Kind of makes me think something is in the works....like maybe they are going to go the test sailing route on Equinox and delay the revenue sailings start date and not requiring proof of vaccine just like Royal changed over to. I am going to put it out there and bet that by end of July Celebrity wouldn't be requiring proof of vaccine on any of their sailings out of FL following Royal's recent change.

Another reason to hold off on booking. I’m still holding out hope that a cruise line will place ships out here out of L.A. The cruise lines can bet that there will be no issues with requiring that passengers be vaccinated. I think Princess may be the one. 

• Like 1