Question -- Required Bubble Excursion

We have been away from Royal for a few years.  Looking to take an Alaskan cruise and wanted to know if Royal allows independent shore excursions.  We are fully vaccinated.  Thanks in advance for your help.

they did, but will they now?  That is the question.

In 2018 we were on the Radiance of the Seas, and we only did ships excursions in Ketchikan and Skagway.  Just because they sort of had the ones you wanted to do covered.  We did about as many independent as ship offered.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

I'm looking at booking and want to know, too! What was the answer?

I called and talked directly with Royal Caribbean's excursion department.  At first the representative said that I would have to take the ship's excursion.  I told her that I was not interested in that and mentioned that this was a fully vaccinated cruise and it was going to Alaska and I believe that the we were able to go on independent tours since it was a fully vaccinated cruise.  She told me to wait a minute and she check her information --- she came back on and said that yes, I could book independently --- I asked her 3 times and she said "correct."  HOWEVER, with all the changes going on with the cruise lines flipping back and forth on their comments, I would advise you to personally reach out to Royal Caribbean and see what their stand is on independent tours.  Personally, I am not 100% confident anymore.  I don't know where you are going and what the vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated ratio is on your cruise so that might make a difference.