JR Suite - sofa bed + rollaway bed for family of 4?

We are a family of 4 looking to book a JS on Navigator next year. The kids (boy/girl) are old enough that nobody wants them sleeping together in the sofa bed. Does RCCL provide rollaways on request? Is there room in a JS for a rollaway? Then one kid is in the sofa bed and the other on the rollaway. This seems like our best option if it is possible.

Thanks!

I dont think they will give you a cot or anything the suite is equiped to sleep 4 and no more. That is why this time we are doing a outside balcony for adults and inside promenade for kids. Seperate beds for them. Last time my daughter would not even get close to the sofa bed my son was in and ended up sleeping inbetween me and the husband. 3 in a twin pushed together and 1 in a great big queen sofa bed. What's wrong with that picture. This time seperate beds and 2 showers. And cheaper then a js.

I have a similar problem. I was thinking that we might, if I can't get a cot, take the cushions from the sofa, duck tape them together and let one of the kids sleep on top of the cushions. Another idea, reserve an aft jr suite(the balconies are bigger) and someone can sleep on the lounger.

I had posted a thread about anyone sleeping on the balcony. One lady said she couldn't get her teen boy to sleep anywhere else. He loved it. Others said it was pretty good sleeping although you wake up with a salty sticky ocean feeling.

I haven't been in a junior suite yet, but I have stayed in a Grand suite. If you are wanting to have one sleep on the sofa and one in a rollaway (which is possible), I would recommend moving up to at least a grand suite. The grand suite has a lot more room than a junior suite but a rollaway would make for tight quarters even in a grand suite.

Me, my brother, and two of our friends stayed in a JS two years ago on the Explorer. The Sofa bed is tiny and would have barely fit one us let alone two. We simply asked our room attendent to get us two rollaways and we used those for the week. Anthony even took one of the rollaways out on the balcony to sleep.

We had PLENTY of room and I never felt cramped...we're four average to bigger guys.

I think there are a few shots of the rollaways in my 2004 pics.

Chris:cool:

I don't know if this will help, we had a grand suite on VOS, and our children are to old to share also. The stewart was great, brought in a roller cot, no problems what so ever. I was told by TA that it wouldn't happen, but the gentleman had no problem with my request.

We were on the Navigator of the Seas in January in a JR suite. Our travel agent said that a roll-a-way was not possible but when we asked the room stewerd he said that he could get one for us but not until the next day. So it is possible.

Another thought...On the Jewel of the Seas we had a D1 cabin that slept 4. It had the same size sleeper sofa as the JR but it also had a bunk that was in the celing. I think if I was going to share a room with the kids again (which I don't plan on doing :) ) I would look into this option.

Hope it helps.

They are not accomadating at putting a rollaway in a room. I know I tout this a lot but we got two ocean view rooms (no there was not a balconey but I swear I didn't miss it) that were connecting. It was the same as a JS and we could close the door on the little buggers if we wanted to. Which was a godsend when they got loud. Once that door was closed I had to crack it because I could not hear a thing. From loud "boyness" to utter silence in one swell foop.

When we were in a JS on the Voyager in December, as soon as we met our room steward she offered to bring in a roll-away cot each day. My kids declined, but I have read on here where others have used a cot in the JS. If it's too crowded, one can sleep on the couch unopened, and one can sleep on the cot.

As suggested though, you can separate the twin beds, give one to each kid, and you and your spouse can sleep on the sofa bed.

On Navigator Jr Suite 6694, I shared the stateroom my 2 other adult brothers and Mom.

We didn't request a cot but we didn't think to ask for one.

I didn't want to sleep with anybody so I slept on 3 pieces of furniture:

the comfortable big chair + matching ottoman + desk chair.

==> All 3 pieces were the same height and material and fit together.

==> I slept on this very comfortably every night on our 7-night. I kid you not. (I'm 5'8".)

If your Navigator JS has the same or comparable furniture pieces,

one of your kids might want to try this arrangement and see if it works for them.

Note:

In hindsight, I might have asked for a cot to see if we liked it;

however, the room would have been ridiculously crowded for us 4 adults.

(I probably would return to the 3-piece "sleeper", anyway -- because it really was comfortable for me.)

We are a family of four also.

I agree with the posters that reccommend two adjoining rooms (no balcony) as a better alternative. The four of you really will be crammed in that room. The extra space with the two rooms and the extra bathroom really would make all the difference in the world.

Two rooms give you privacy and space. The balcony is nice but not in exchange for another bathroom and square footage.

My family (two daughters) when we cruise together always get connecting cabins. Usually, the lowest outside stateroom that is available.

I have found that the cost is not much more, if sometimes less, than getting a larger cabin and paying the third and fourth person additions.

The Navigator JS aft we were in had a much larger sofa bed and when both beds were made there wasn't room to pull out a foldout easily. (OH and I forgot my Mom had a wheelchair too.) Our sofa bed slept 2 full size adults. So that's a very good point -- if there was a tiny sofa bed you'd have MUCH more room for a rolloway. My youngest brother slept on our balcony a couple of nights -- a rolloway would have been fun to use there too.

The four of us have always stayed in a Junior Suite with a rollaway bed (daughter) and the sofa bed (son). We book it in advance and have never had an issue with it at all, plus we fold the sofa back in and slide the rollaway to one side. No problem at all. I would request it in advance however, as I'm sure we're not the only ones who did this.

We sailed over Thanksgiving on the Voyager in a JS with my two sons - ages 16 and 20. The room attendant brought in cots the first day as she explained they would be more comfortable for them to sleep on than the sofa bed. Every morning I would just wake the boys up and move them over to our bed so that I could put their cots away and then we could sit and enjoy our coffee. It never felt crowded to us.

i'm going on the navagator in a grand suite....we have two grown boys...18 and 21.....i requested a cot since they are young men and i was told by royal caribbean that it was no problem...as far as the solution with the boys taking the twin beds and my dh and i sleep on the sofa bed....thats a not.....i am older and the sofa bed just doesn't work for me any more and also i am paying for the trip i want the better bedding:)

We had a JS on Explorer last year and asked for a rollaway. They had told me on the phone that they were not available but our steward got one for us, no problem. Here is a picture. We folded it up during the day and put in between the bed and the wall. Hope this picture helps.

346336344%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3248%3E959%3E852%3EWSNRCG%3D3232883754788nu0mrj

Found a photo of our cabin too (pardon the mess). It's Navigator JS 6694.

The sofabed is completely folded out in this photo. (The 4 pillows are at the head of the sofabed.)

I'm on the right sitting on the ottoman, the large chair is behind towards the curtains (to my right side), and to my left is the desk chair.

I would straighten the desk chair in front of the ottoman to sleep.

One of my brothers is on the left sitting on the sofabed folded out.

With the sofabed completely out, you'd still have room for the rollaway cot where I'm sitting. But you might want (or need) to put the big chair in the space between the sofabed, bed, and TV. The ottoman you could put in front of the desk because I don't think it fits between the bed and sofa bed folded out (and of course the desk chair goes back to the desk.)

Or the big chair and the ottoman could easily fit on this aft balcony!

153923233_NavigatorJrSuite6694-interior.jpg.70ce576419d776de160ec9ddb57832ca.jpg

Archived