MSC too quiet??

happy cruzin

Does anyone else find it odd that MSC has been SO quiet about their plans to relaunch the US based itineraries??  

I would have thought with their successful relaunch of ships in Europe that have been up and running for months that they would have been one of the first lines back operating from the US ports. 

Thoughts??

I saw a list of cruise lines who have requested test sailings and alternatively vaccinated sailings from CDC. It was A lot of RCG and Carnival and NCL. No MSC at all. At least as of today. 

I emailed TA reps about the lack of energy and comms regarding the No America restart and got a stock answer “check the website for updates”. 

The Meraviglia and Armonia are frequently sailing into and out of Miami for what I believe is vaccinations, provisioning, and crew movements. So that’s a positive sign but CDC hasn’t approved any plans for them at all, most likely because they weren’t requested (yet).  

We shall see. I know for a fact they are losing out on a lot of bookings from the restart and pent up demand due to their lack of engagement in the restart. 

You can still book July cruises on Divina which isn't even on the CDC radar yet. Absolutely no reason they cruises aren't cancelled and pulled from the website yet. As the restart evolves in the US more transparent communication would be appreciated. As we can see what other lines intend to do we're far more likely to cancel and switch than wait. No point in waiting on MSC while prices for a replacement cruise on another line continue to increase. 

MSC doesn't need to do the grandstanding that some of the cruise lines and a certain Florida official have engaged in.

Just as on board ship, problems will be solved with professionalism and efficiency.

There certainly will not be the laughable statement such as Royal Caribbean's where they thanked the Florida Governor for all he has done to restart cruising from Florida.

• Like 4