Paradise Beach, now all inclusive?

25dbb

We have been to Paradise Beach a few time over the years and hope to return in September. After being a Facebook friend of Paradise Beach, I keep seeing they call themselves an All Inclusive now, which they weren’t over the years when we were there. Are they only an all inclusive now?

25dbb

Before cruising stopped they introduced the AI as an option which were able to pre-book.

Unlike some  of the beach clubs I am  not sure if Paradise has re-opened yet. I see they are taking bookings for when cruising resumes. They may be reopening with AI bookings to control capacity. I suggest you write and ask directly since no one on here will have an answer for a few weeks yet.

There are state mandated restrictions in operation in Quintana Roo presently.

• Thanks 1

According to their website, they are open now and do still have the a la carte option--although you have to dig into the website and read the fine print to find it.  They certainly seem to be pushing the AI option, but it does say the a la carte is still available.

4 hours ago, acpalmer said:

According to their website, they are open now and do still have the a la carte option--although you have to dig into the website and read the fine print to find it.  They certainly seem to be pushing the AI option, but it does say the a la carte is still available.

From Facebook it appears they are reopening tomorrow for the arrival of first ship. Not sure if they have opened previously, or will open between sailings. I would still contact directly for a definitive answer on if PAYG will be available. Restrictions are re-assessed weekly at the moment.

Unfortunately we are forecast to have thunderstorms all day tomorrow which doesn't look good for the cruise ship. Everything around International and Puerta Maya was closed last week and many shops and bars in town are closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep us posted on the PAYG option.  I've looked all over their website and didn't find it.  It does look like they are really pushing the AI now.  We were there in January 2020, and we did the PAYG.  It's our favorite place in Cozumel for sure!  Easy to get to, great staff, very clean facilities and great food!  All that said, if we have to wear a mask on the beach in Cozumel, forget it.  We are scheduled to be there in September, but if masks are required on the beach, I'll just grab my vanilla at Los Cincos Soles and head back to the ship!

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

Keep us posted on the PAYG option.  I've looked all over their website and didn't find it.  It does look like they are really pushing the AI now.  We were there in January 2020, and we did the PAYG.  It's our favorite place in Cozumel for sure!  Easy to get to, great staff, very clean facilities and great food!  All that said, if we have to wear a mask on the beach in Cozumel, forget it.  We are scheduled to be there in September, but if masks are required on the beach, I'll just grab my vanilla at Los Cincos Soles and head back to the ship!

You don’t need to wear it ON the beach - just getting there and back in transport and walking around to bathroom/ dining etc. It is required in town and around shops.

It wasn’t  big deal to us for three weeks.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You don’t need to wear it ON the beach - just getting there and back in transport and walking around to bathroom/ dining etc. It is required in town and around shops.

It wasn’t  big deal to us for three weeks.

Thank you for the clarification!  And thank goodness - makes it a little bit nicer!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, 25dbb said:

We have been to Paradise Beach a few time over the years and hope to return in September. After being a Facebook friend of Paradise Beach, I keep seeing they call themselves an All Inclusive now, which they weren’t over the years when we were there. Are they only an all inclusive now?

25dbb

How far is Paradise Beach from the ship dock? Do you need to take a taxi to get there? 

We will also be there in Sept and was looking for some place different to go.

6 minutes ago, MCEaton said:

How far is Paradise Beach from the ship dock? Do you need to take a taxi to get there? 

You will need a taxi, rates should be posted on a board at the pier. Rates are for up to 4 people in a taxi. 

Distance depends on which pier you dock at. There are three. Google maps shows 6 miles to Puerta Maya, the nearest pier. You can put in your pier if it is a different one.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Their menu continues to display prices but I would confirm directly nearer your sailing as to whether this is still an option.

From their website blog:

The All inclusive option

Reaching Paradise Beach is only a 10 minute drive from the cruise terminal, but once you’re there, visitors have several options: paying just the entrance fee, or the all inclusive option. So many travelers pick the latter because of all the perks: all you can eat and drink all day! Unlike most all inclusive resorts on the island which offer buffet menus, Paradise Beach is completely a la carte menu options, meaning you can enjoy international food from any of the two restaurants, all you can eat tacos from the taco truck, and an assortment of drinks (beer, cocktails, sodas) from the bars or the mojito cart. Fellow visitors won’t let me lie, about how great the food is, and even though everyone has their favorite the truth is that at Paradise, all dishes become a favorite for all!

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You will need a taxi, rates should be posted on a board at the pier. Rates are for up to 4 people in a taxi. 

Distance depends on which pier you dock at. There are three. Google maps shows 6 miles to Puerta Maya, the nearest pier. You can put in your pier if it is a different one.

Thank you, that's very helpful

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Their menu continues to display prices but I would confirm directly nearer your sailing as to whether this is still an option.

From their website blog:

The All inclusive option

Reaching Paradise Beach is only a 10 minute drive from the cruise terminal, but once you’re there, visitors have several options: paying just the entrance fee, or the all inclusive option. So many travelers pick the latter because of all the perks: all you can eat and drink all day! Unlike most all inclusive resorts on the island which offer buffet menus, Paradise Beach is completely a la carte menu options, meaning you can enjoy international food from any of the two restaurants, all you can eat tacos from the taco truck, and an assortment of drinks (beer, cocktails, sodas) from the bars or the mojito cart. Fellow visitors won’t let me lie, about how great the food is, and even though everyone has their favorite the truth is that at Paradise, all dishes become a favorite for all!

Does anyone know what just the entrance fee is?

37 minutes ago, MCEaton said:

Thank you

Water park pass extra, maybe $18pp?

Sorry I have only gone a couple of times and didn’t buy a pass. In normal times this board would be very active and lots of people would answer.

16 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Water park pass extra, maybe $18pp?

Sorry I have only gone a couple of times and didn’t buy a pass. In normal times this board would be very active and lots of people would answer.

Thanks again, from what I am reading on several websites the drinks and food are expensive so we are trying to decide which way to go. I have read that the Resort will not open until 10 AM so we will eat breakfast on the ship and the price for All Inclusive is $65 pp so not sure we would eat or drink enough to justify the cost.

Edited by MCEaton

36 minutes ago, MCEaton said:

Thanks again, from what I am reading on several websites the drinks and food are expensive so we are trying to decide which way to go. I have read that the Resort will not open until 10 AM so we will eat breakfast on the ship and the price for All Inclusive is $65 pp so not sure we would eat or drink enough to justify the cost.

The prices are listed on the website, subject to change!

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/restaurant/

They are certainly not a bargain basement $1 beers, but are in line with other beach clubs offering facilities on Cozumel.

Also keep in mind local time and ship time depending in where you are sailing from and time of year. Port times are precisely why we rarely do AI unless we are on a land visit.

They used to open at 8am. Hours may have adjusted temporarily until cruising resumes? They have only just reopened at all.

Edited by c-leg5

On 6/29/2021 at 11:36 AM, MCEaton said:

Pre-virus a taxi for up to 4 in the cab was $16-17 each way.  As mentioned, check the current fares on the board near the cab line for your pier.

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The prices are listed on the website, subject to change!

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/restaurant/

They are certainly not a bargain basement $1 beers, but are in line with other beach clubs offering facilities on Cozumel.

Also keep in mind local time and ship time depending in where you are sailing from and time of year. Port times are precisely why we rarely do AI unless we are on a land visit.

They used to open at 8am. Hours may have adjusted temporarily until cruising resumes? They have only just reopened at all.

Thanks for the tips

We've always just pay the entrance fee and then paid for whatever food/drink we had. Just more economical for us since the $64 AI per person would cost us much more if we went that route. Hope they keep this option. Food is very good, as is the service.  Facilities are very clean as well.  They also have a nice gift shop - bought a great shirt there on our last visit in 2020.  Had to replace my previous PB shirt that I outgrew!

• 2 weeks later...

Have visited Paradise Beach many times including last week, July 8 on Adventure. It is clearly one of our favorite stops. We love their pool and beach! 
To answer:

1) the cab was $15 each way for 2 people. We gave each driver $20 as we would normally tip. Both drivers were thrilled to have passengers as they are just coming back to work. Masks currently worn off ship, in transportation. 
2) there are multiple options and we were able to select - no pressure. 
    All inclusive with alcohol $64

All inclusive without alcohol $44(this is NEW!)

Pay as you go - $5 per person with a $10 minimum of food/drinks

We did not use the activities/water toys so can’t comment on price.

We have always used pay as you go until this last visit. Husband does not drink alcohol so AI was $44. I always have a drink or 2 when visiting so $64 for me. So $108 for the 2 of us. They just reopened 2 weeks ago and I wanted to support them but we clearly got our monies worth! Chairs in the shade with Ventura as our server for the day. Once we were in - no masks. 
We had a light breakfast and were there by 10am. Staff was ecstatic to see us.

Lunch - delicious! Order from the menu - no buffet. Husband had grilled fish sandwich and fries. I had the shrimp quesadilla with a side of chips and salsa. Later, (around 2) husband had the pizza and I had more chips and guacamole. Husband had soda, I had multiple drinks (mojito cart rolls around) along with a few frozen drinks.  Ventura was always roaming around and checking on us. It was hot, sunny and I appreciated the extra bottles of water that were available in the AI package. (Never thought about it before but it was worth the money!) 

The facility is clean, restrooms and showers, small gift shop. 
We spoke with Sandy (manager) for quite some time about their efforts to maintain and get their staff back to work. It was a great day and I will continue to recommend and visit. 

Carnival Vista was also in port so there were a few people from their ship (also vaccinated). We were not crowded at all. Plenty of space. 

Edited by cmsjab
Added information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cmsjab said:

Have visited Paradise Beach many times including last week, July 8 on Adventure. It is clearly one of our favorite stops. We love their pool and beach! 
To answer:

1) the cab was $15 each way for 2 people. We gave each driver $20 as we would normally tip. Both drivers were thrilled to have passengers as they are just coming back to work. Masks currently worn off ship, in transportation. 
2) there are multiple options and we were able to select - no pressure. 
    All inclusive with alcohol $64

All inclusive without alcohol $44(this is NEW!)

Pay as you go - $5 per person with a $10 minimum of food/drinks

We did not use the activities/water toys so can’t comment on price.

We have always used pay as you go until this last visit. Husband does not drink alcohol so AI was $44. I always have a drink or 2 when visiting so $64 for me. So $108 for the 2 of us. They just reopened 2 weeks ago and I wanted to support them but we clearly got our monies worth! Chairs in the shade with Ventura as our server for the day. Once we were in - no masks. 
We had a light breakfast and were there by 10am. Staff was ecstatic to see us.

Lunch - delicious! Order from the menu - no buffet. Husband had grilled fish sandwich and fries. I had the shrimp quesadilla with a side of chips and salsa. Later, (around 2) husband had the pizza and I had more chips and guacamole. Husband had soda, I had multiple drinks (mojito cart rolls around) along with a few frozen drinks.  Ventura was always roaming around and checking on us. It was hot, sunny and I appreciated the extra bottles of water that were available in the AI package. (Never thought about it before but it was worth the money!) 

The facility is clean, restrooms and showers, small gift shop. 
We spoke with Sandy (manager) for quite some time about their efforts to maintain and get their staff back to work. It was a great day and I will continue to recommend and visit. 

Carnival Vista was also in port so there were a few people from their ship (also vaccinated). We were not crowded at all. Plenty of space. 

Thanks for first-hand review. Good to get the PAYG option confirmed.

Hello, I am trying to figure out did anyone do this as a cruise excursion. I have been told that Norwegian only is allowing cruise excursions thru Oct. I'm also interested in Celebrity if anyone has any insight into them. What cruise ship were you on that let you get off on your on? So I'm assuming it is a cruise policy not Cozumel? Thanks