Post Cruise trip to Amalfi Coast

georgiaguy

Looks like I may have not found a place to stay. Found a place on airbnb the is a small 4 bedroom apartment B&B called Palazzo Montesano, with full refund until one week before in case I find something better or for some reason have to cancel. Will be a little more than $400 for three nights. They are steps from the beach, bus stop, and ferry departure and apparently our room will have a great view of the sea and Ravello. Not sure if any one is still reading but thought I would keep sharing as I make plans because well…why not? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgiaguy said:

Looks like I may have not found a place to stay. Found a place on airbnb the is a small 4 bedroom apartment B&B called Palazzo Montesano, with full refund until one week before in case I find something better or for some reason have to cancel. Will be a little more than $400 for three nights. They are steps from the beach, bus stop, and ferry departure and apparently our room will have a great view of the sea and Ravello. Not sure if any one is still reading but thought I would keep sharing as I make plans because well…why not? 

Not?

Or now? 😉

https://www.booking.com/hotel/it/b-amp-b-palazzo-montesanto.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaFCIAQGYAQm4ARfIAQzYAQHoAQH4AQuIAgGoAgO4AoCKq4EGwAIB0gIkZTYzODRmNjAtMjk4ZC00ZWFiLWIyOGUtMzhiMjAwNzRmZDRk2AIG4AIB;sid=ccd9dfc17e9464d7525052c259c577c3;atlas_src=sr_iw_title;dest_id=0;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;type=total;ucfs=1&

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull
  • Like 1

We’re doing something similar in May but we’re flying into Naples from So Cal, having a car service to pick us up and drive us to the Amalfi Coast staying four nights in Positano pre-cruise. Then a drive by private car (long drive) to Civitavecchia for an overnight to catch the Edge the following day. After the cruise we’re spending three nights in Rome before flying out of FCO. It’s been fun planning. 

Several suggested leaving the ship early. I asked about that and was told by Celebrity that this has been discontinued due to Covid and Celebrity has not stated as to when it will be reinstated. 

• 3 months later...

Hello all. Been a long time. Back at work these days actually in person so things have been busy. Anyway, thought I would give a little update since we made a minor change in our plan. Found a really good deal on a hotel in in Minori, Hotel Villa Romana so we canceled our previous reservation and made a new one. Saved about $75 in the process and getting a better hotel. 

• 3 months later...

Revisiting this thread. So far we are still on track to go with 129 days until boarding. Fingers crossed Europe starts to open again. 

So looking at this for one of the days we are there. Seems like spending a day on the in summer would be a great way to spend a day. Thinking about this https://www.positano.com/en/c/plaghia-charter/i/SLV65#sls-service-aside Any one have thoughts on this kind of day trip?

Edited by georgiaguy

4 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Revisiting this thread. So far we are still on track to go with 129 days until boarding. Fingers crossed Europe starts to open again. 

So looking at this for one of the days we are there. Seems like spending a day on the in summer would be a great way to spend a day. Thinking about this https://www.positano.com/en/c/plaghia-charter/i/SLV65#sls-service-aside Any one have thoughts on this kind of day trip?

It looks like fun. The Emerald Grotto is pretty, but not overwhelming. However, the tour guides are funny and it is fun. 

If you choose the lunch option in Amalfi, take the time to walk into town and see the main square and cathedral.  It's only about a block from the port. My choice would be the tour to Ravello, but I can't fault whatever you pick. In midsummer the beach is great.