Barcelo Maya Riviera - LIVE - June 20-28

Saint Greg

43 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Can you order specialty coffees thru room service? 

I don’t know. They did mention at check in that there’s an additional charge for room service so I don’t know what that would be. I’m definitely a person that likes to just go get it myself. That last day in planet Hollywood waiting an hour and room service didn’t come. 

10 hours ago, mopedmom1 said:

Nine miles :classic_ohmy:

The resort looks nice but way too much walking.  Love the bathtub! 

Well keeping in mind I took on most of that myself. I got in 3.5 before I even got here. A lot was at DFW. Then nobody forced me to walk then entire resort property twice. They do have buses that will drive you around. That said this morning all I did was was from my room to the buffet and from there all the way down to palace and I’m at 1.8 miles already.

• Like 1

But yeah walking to the room is a nightmare. I counted the rooms I passed going to the buffet this morning. It was 63 on one side. They really need a better setup. If you’re in the middle you’re in good shape. Other than that it’s a lot of walking to get to the room. I did walk the exterior last night to see if there’s a closer entrance. And there is but it’s 10 rooms past my room. So I would have to walk 10 rooms in the wrong direction to go down stairs to get outside and just backtrack. I don’t know if it would be any shorter of a walk that way.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Most resorts have discontinued room service during the Orange status.

Our favorite cenotes are across the street from this mega complex…Many stay there for that reason…

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1

I’m walking back on the walkway that takes you by all of the lobbies again. Just to see if I see any signs of coffee. 

on my way out of la hacienda I walked by the bar. Didn’t see any to go cups. And I don’t think that guy was supposed to walk up there and order coffee. It was all waiters and they looked at me funny just walking by it.

Just now, blue_water said:

That is strange, especially for a mega-resort. Our favorite resorts have a 24-hr coffee shop which is great!

Yeah I thought they all had that. Or something close to that. I didn’t vet the coffee portion of this place good enough.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m walking back on the walkway that takes you by all of the lobbies again. Just to see if I see any signs of coffee. 

on my way out of la hacienda I walked by the bar. Didn’t see any to go cups. And I don’t think that guy was supposed to walk up there and order coffee. It was all waiters and they looked at me funny just walking by it.

We’ve stayed at a couple resorts this year and there is no bar service, table service only, but the coffee shops serve you. But of course it could be different here…

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Most resorts have discontinued room service during the Orange status.

Our favorite cenotes are across the street from this mega complex…Many stay there for that reason…

That’s in the plan for the week. Have you been to all of them. Any better than the others?

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s in the plan for the week. Have you been to all of them. Any better than the others?

Our favorite to take friends when visiting us is Jardin del Eden. Just less touristy than Cenote Azul and further back from the highway. In March when we stopped tour vans were backed-up at Azul, and we were the only arriving at Eden. We’ve not been to Christalino or Kantun Chi yet but most people we’ve talked to agree that Azul is beautiful, but Eden is also beautiful and much less touristy…No food or amenities right now other than restrooms so bring a small cooler of water and a lunch…