Airfare perk likely to last?

janroatan

The airfare perk was one that would come and go frequently pre-COVID. I suspect it won't be around forever post-COVID as airline traffic and prices start to pick up. Out of curiosity, what's holding you back from booking? It's only a refundable $250 deposit, so you don't have much to lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are right, just nervous I guess in regards to Covid protocols, would hate to go on cruise, and not be able to get off at any ports.

We are fully vaccinated, so just have to get up the nerve i guess 😎

1 minute ago, janroatan said:

You are right, just nervous I guess in regards to Covid protocols, would hate to go on cruise, and not be able to get off at any ports.

We are fully vaccinated, so just have to get up the nerve i guess 😎

The CDC and the cruise lines are all agreed that vaccinated passengers are free to explore ports on their own.

• Like 3

It could be gone at any time, so no real reason not to put down a refundable deposit.  But it pays to monitor because the cost keeps changing. My airfare one one cruise went down $500 so I rebooked.

18 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I saw a TA post a preview for an upcoming promotion for Free Gratuities. It said coming in July. So things may be changing up soon for the promotions and perks offered. 

Is this something (wording) you can share?  You're certainly not responsible if the promotion doesn't happen, just curious.

This promotion can't end fast enough for me.  The price of the promotion is rolled into all these fares so hard not to take it right now, but I am absolutely not a fan of turning over the indiscriminate selection of flights and times to someone else.  Not to mention all these stupid airline credits that can't be used when stuck with the BOGO pricing.

23 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Is this something (wording) you can share?  You're certainly not responsible if the promotion doesn't happen, just curious.

It was just this very vague photo posted on the Travel Agent’s Facebook. No other info just a big teaser that said “Free is coming in July”

4B33CBAD-C66E-4743-AAF4-7BE67CCECE6D.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

It was just this very vague photo posted on the Travel Agent’s Facebook. No other info just a big teaser that said “Free is coming in July”

4B33CBAD-C66E-4743-AAF4-7BE67CCECE6D.jpeg

Do you think this is a NCL offer or the TA's agency offer? I wonder if it is the 4th of July sale. 

5 hours ago, janroatan said:

Wonder if this perk is added, they'll take off BOGO air ?

free gratuity is useful to everyone.  Air is useful to some.  So for NCL their calculations for profitability would probably have short time limit for free gratuity offer.

We are using the airfare deal for the first time in August on the NCL Jade.  Our flights are ok, but our party of 6 cannot all sit near each other. We have to sets of three seats separated by several rows.  We could select seats ahead of time without fee on American airlines/British Airways on the way back and are able to sit near each other on other legs.  

My brother and his wife have flights on Iberia and will have to pay extra to be assured that they will sit together on each leg of the flights.  Apparently if you take the airfare deal from NCL, you are taking a chance on the flights which may have several stops and the airlines' policies on selecting seats.  I'm not sure we'd do it again.

• Like 1