Can I spend my OBC on shore excursions?

korpo024

5 hours ago, korpo024 said:

We have a lot OBC during the cruise this summer. Can we use this to buy shore excursions?

Is it OBC, a credit received from your FCC, or a combination of both?

We currently are sitting on $400 OBC ($200 per person) for our October sailing. We also have $428 in a credit from our FCC. 

Was told a few weeks ago that the FCC credit could now be used as OBC. (In the past, they'd been telling us it could only be used for online purchases pre-cruise.) It can also be used for online booking pre-cruise, but then any balance would transfer to OBC. Any OBC is non-refundable. 

Yesterday I called MSC to manage our stateroom (it had changed to a guarantee), and while I was chatting with the rep, I wanted to confirm that she was still showing our FCC credit for over $400. She did, and I mentioned that I'd been told that it could be used as OBC. She said it could, but I would have to notify them to transfer FCC into OBC, it didn't happen automatically. First time I'd heard that.

She also mentioned that I should tell them ahead of time if we wanted to use the FCC for gratuities. But if we had the entire amount moved to OBC, wouldn't they pull grats from that? 

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

Is it OBC, a credit received from your FCC, or a combination of both?

We currently are sitting on $400 OBC ($200 per person) for our October sailing. We also have $428 in a credit from our FCC. 

Was told a few weeks ago that the FCC credit could now be used as OBC. (In the past, they'd been telling us it could only be used for online purchases pre-cruise.) It can also be used for online booking pre-cruise, but then any balance would transfer to OBC. Any OBC is non-refundable. 

Yesterday I called MSC to manage our stateroom (it had changed to a guarantee), and while I was chatting with the rep, I wanted to confirm that she was still showing our FCC credit for over $400. She did, and I mentioned that I'd been told that it could be used as OBC. She said it could, but I would have to notify them to transfer FCC into OBC, it didn't happen automatically. First time I'd heard that.

She also mentioned that I should tell them ahead of time if we wanted to use the FCC for gratuities. But if we had the entire amount moved to OBC, wouldn't they pull grats from that? 

Yep.  Found that out too.  Agent was very knowledgeable of that intricacy. She still needed to put me on hold to have a supervisor do it.  Third rebooking under that booking number so the full FCC and existing OBC could have been lost.

Dennis

• Like 1