Dining Table for 12

cruisesoon

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I disagree about the AT statement.  It is there - but like TD, it is not fully realized as we customers would expect and Princess promised.  As you mentioned, you can go day by day selecting a dining time for each evening.  That can be done ahead of time, or once the voyage has begun - space permitting. 

To me anytime dining is show up, waiter ask how many and would you like to share a table, waiter seats you or provides a buzzer. I don't see this as an active option in DMW. I also don't see any mention that it is a default option.

I do see that you can make reservations each day and each day can be different. But, that really isn't anytime. It is a specific time each day. Expect that if you select the daily option and wait until each day to reserve that reservation times will be limited.

Once DMW begins expect lots of confusion, probably many unhappy passengers. Anticipate there will be lots of adjustments made by the head waiters.  

4 hours ago, skynight said:

To me anytime dining is show up, waiter ask how many and would you like to share a table, waiter seats you or provides a buzzer. I don't see this as an active option in DMW. I also don't see any mention that it is a default option.

I do see that you can make reservations each day and each day can be different. But, that really isn't anytime. It is a specific time each day. Expect that if you select the daily option and wait until each day to reserve that reservation times will be limited.

Once DMW begins expect lots of confusion, probably many unhappy passengers. Anticipate there will be lots of adjustments made by the head waiters.  

It may not explicitly state so on the glossy marketing page, but it had been stated by Princess sales that you can still be a walk-up for dining.  I don't see why that would be gone.  It doesn't have to be a default option - you can do it or make a booking when you know what time you want to eat. 

Now you might want to express doubt since other aspects of their promises for DMW are not fulfilled as yet, but I do not see anything to indicate no walk-ups as before.  

Sure, if most passengers elect to book ahead, then there may be a wait, but that isn't any different than pre-Covid if expecting to eat at prime time and/or want specific table size.

Yes, I totally expect confusion and headaches for the MD's and HW's.  That is unless the IT Team corrects the missing functionality shortcomings, releases full inventory, stops ignoring people's table request and try to put everyone at a 2-top, etc, etc.  If it doesn't get fixed soon, I predict the MD's will be screaming at HQ to fix the system or throw it out.