Florida wins so Carnival can sail with kids

lobster1313

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Someone should tell the judge.

I just searched the entire decision for the word passport, it is used 1 time.   I have skimmed the decision, but not read it all, but I can't see where he said that, nor would that be part of the question before him.  So all I  am asking is if anyone knows where it says that.  It's certainly not in his conclusion

10 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

Uh, not exactly true. Isn’t Florida forcing the cruise lines to serve the unvaccinated?

No Florida is not forcing them to serve anyone. Florida is not allowing proof of vaccination be used as a means to deny people a service.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

No Florida is not forcing them to serve anyone. Florida is not allowing proof of vaccination be used as a means to deny people a service.

So what is the difference? If you can’t ask, you have to serve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

That is forcing someone to provide a service to someone they perceive as a health threat.  It is also not allowing a business to provide what their customers perceive as a safe place to be.  The businesses only other option would be to maintain masks and social distancing, which almost always limits their capacity. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I just searched the entire decision for the word passport, it is used 1 time.   I have skimmed the decision, but not read it all, but I can't see where he said that, nor would that be part of the question before him.  So all I  am asking is if anyone knows where it says that.  It's certainly not in his conclusion

No judge has ruled on it. Captain Ron is fibbing.

• Like 1

The CDC was the difference. The cruise industry is dying to restart operations. The CDC was the one forcing anything. Now, hopefully this is a moot point.

The cruise industry was restarting before the ruling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

No judge has ruled on it. Captain Ron is fibbing.

That is the second time I missed the sarcasm.   Thank you for not coming after me, I  deserve a bit of a flame for not catching that one.

2 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

That is forcing someone to provide a service to someone they perceive as a health threat.  It is also not allowing a business to provide what their customers perceive as a safe place to be.  The businesses only other option would be to maintain masks and social distancing, which almost always limits their capacity. 

not, that is backwards, they are not being forced to serve anyone. They want to serve in however a way they can to make people happy with their product and return. The CDC regulations are the only problem here.

Just now, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

The CDC was the difference. The cruise industry is dying to restart operations. The CDC was the one forcing anything. Now, hopefully this is a moot point.

Sorry. I’m just not following your train of thought. I’m talking about the impact of the Florida law. That remains an impediment to Floridians and the cruising industry.  Tell me how it is not.

• Like 1

It is a simple choice for me now: I choose to only cruise if vaccinations are required so any cruise that doesn’t require it won’t get my money.  If you don’t like the protocols, don’t cruise or only cruise on ships that will give you the cruising experience you want!.  We just booked a cruise today on the Pride out of Baltimore for the week of 26 September.  We were originally looking at booking a cruise on the Magic in August but after the new ruling we just don’t want to give Florida any of our money right now.  We also have 2 cruises booked out of Port Canaveral in January that we may change to cruise out of some other state.  We really want to get back on the Magic so that is the only reason we have not quite pulled the plug on those cruises.  However, I  am just not too happy with Florida and this “no  vaccination passport” crap DeSantis is pushing.  And we all know why he is doing it (but I won’t go there).  

Bottom-line is we all have a choice to make and we can choose to get frustrated and whine about the rules or we can show our displeasure by not giving money to those smug “entities” that  choose to put their own self interest and political interests over doing what is best for a very impotant industry in his state.

Sometimes when you “win”, you really lose.  We’ll see how this plays out:  

if you are vaccinated and you don’t want to put up with Florida’s crap, don’t cruise out of Florida.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

You are ignoring the fact that the majority of their customers want vaccinated cruises for now.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babr said:

Sorry. I’m just not following your train of thought. I’m talking about the impact of the Florida law. That remains an impediment to Floridians and the cruising industry.  Tell me how it is not.

The CDC is making the vaccine status the issue. The Florida law is about needing proof for a good or a service for their citizens.

2 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

not, that is backwards, they are not being forced to serve anyone. They want to serve in however a way they can to make people happy with their product and return. The CDC regulations are the only problem here.

The way they can make a majority of their customers happy right now would be to let them determine who is vaccinated and who is not.

1 minute ago, Babr said:

Clearly if businesses didnt like how florida operates they have the choice of  moving elsewhere. Of course, if we are talking facts, many businesses seem to prefer to operate this way, but it's their choice.  Most will admit a lot of businesses are flocking to florida. How many do you think are leaving?

Life is about choices. Carnival will give you the choice of showing your vaccine card to board. You have the  choice to stay home.

• Like 1

You are ignoring the fact that the majority of their customers want vaccinated cruises for now.  

I think CCL does, too.   for July and August.  A good decision if they can make it stick.  See how it plays out and go from there...IMO   

2 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

if you are vaccinated and you don’t want to put up with Florida’s crap, don’t cruise out of Florida.  

I second this last part.  Anyone who hates Florida and their inclusive laws, please cruise elsewhere.  There are plenty of other ports in the US that will provide the service you are looking for.  

As for me, I will happily cruise from Port Canaveral in August. Every day that passes makes me eager to get to the point when I can retire in Florida and drive to all of the ports.

• Like 2

The CDC is making the vaccine status the issue. The Florida law is about needing proof for a good or a service for their citizens.

Still not sure I get your meaning. Please clarify the part about the Florida law.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Clearly if businesses didnt like how florida operates they have the choice of  moving elsewhere. Of course, if we are talking facts, many businesses seem to prefer to operate this way, but it's their choice.  Most will admit a lot of businesses are flocking to florida. How many do you think are leaving?

Life is about choices. Carnival will give you the choice of showing your vaccine card to board. You have the  choice to stay home.

I am sure the majority of business owners in Florida are thrilled that DeSantis opened up the state so that they could stay in business.  I have vacationed there three times in the past year and not once did an employee at a business quiver with fear because they didn't know my vaccination status.  They all seemed happy to have the business.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I second this last part.  Anyone who hates Florida and their inclusive laws, please cruise elsewhere.  There are plenty of other ports in the US that will provide the service you are looking for.  

As for me, I will happily cruise from Port Canaveral in August. Every day that passes makes me eager to get to the point when I can retire in Florida and drive to all of the ports.

I love how people from both sides attempt to use the other sides terminology against them.   

5 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

I  am just not too happy with Florida and this “no  vaccination passport” crap DeSantis is pushing.  And we all know why he is doing it (but I won’t go there).  

You got it backwards, Florida is not pushing, they are pushing back. There is a difference. We might have to just agree to disagree on how we see this.

5 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

No, but that looks like its a thing. To us we don't care if there are unvaccinated cruisers with us or not. We are vaccinated and don't care of Covid anymore. We will decide if we want to follow any health protocols that are required. We will wear masks through the embarkation process and through ports that may have local laws. But not much else. but that is our decision to make for ourselves.

• Like 1

I love how people from both sides attempt to use the other sides terminology against them.   

Well, people whine and cry about Florida and its laws.  News flash.  They can cruise from a port outside of Florida.  Nobody is forcing anyone to cruise from a state they hate with leadership they hate.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1