SunSet Beach Resort Montego Bay

armywifefisher

Here are some pics:

180 View from the Sea

SunsetBeach.jpg

180 OceanView from the Tower

SunsetBeachTowerview.jpg

180 InsideView from the Tower (Conquest could be seen from here)

SunsetBeachTowerviewinside.jpg

Great pictures! Thanks. Can't wait to see it for myself in November. :)

I've looked, but haven't seen answers to these two questions. Can anyone confirm if you can do the $40 pp via credit card? Also, they specifically state that it includes 'non-motorized' watersports. Does that mean there are jet ski rentals, parasailing, etc, at Sunset Beach as well?

Thanks!

You can't play on the Pirate Ship, it's just for decoration as you float by.. and be prepared for when you come off the slide, it's a deep drop into the pool so make sure you have someone waiting for your little one at the bottom.. I wasn't prepared for the deep end and got water up my nose, ha,ha..

Also, I forgot to mention that Sunset Beach takes your Sign and Sail card and won't give it to you until you leave and they cut the wrist band off. DH was pretty concerned about this at first .. I just got him another Jamaican Delight and he soon forgot about it! It was okay, no problem ( mon)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you just take a cab and show up to Sunset Beach with

no reservations. Does anybody know anything different?

I went on a all inclusive in Cozumel that sounds like this one only

it did not have the waterslides. I like the endless flow of drinks

throughout the day. How far is Sunset Beach from where the ship

is docked?

Thanks for all of the info posted above!!!!!

Sounds like you just take a cab and show up to Sunset Beach with

no reservations. Does anybody know anything different?

I went on a all inclusive in Cozumel that sounds like this one only

it did not have the waterslides. I like the endless flow of drinks

throughout the day. How far is Sunset Beach from where the ship

is docked?

Thanks for all of the info posted above!!!!!

No reservation required. Just take a taxi ($3-$4 pp) for about 5 minutes. You could see the resort from the ship and the ship from the slides at the resort. Pay the $40 per adult and $20 per kid 12 and under. They will keep your S&S card until you leave. The kids loved the virgin frozen pina colada/strawberry mix. Food was Ok.

It was well worth it. Our CC group had a great time there.

I was there during my 8/20 Freedom cruise. It should cost $2 per person each way. My taxi driver tried to get a little more out of us, but we told him it was $2 before departing, and he agreed. Sunset Beach was a nice beach, not crowded at all, no bothersome locals trying to sell you stuff while you are on the beach. The food was simply ok - the restaurant had a very modest buffet, which, to tell you the truth, wasn't too appealing. The desserts looked pretty good though. They also have a "grill" where you can get burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, and jerk chicken. Although it wasn't crowded on the day we were there, we had to stand on line for 10-15 minutes for the grill. Drinks were ok.

I was there during my 8/20 Freedom cruise. It should cost $2 per person each way. My taxi driver tried to get a little more out of us, but we told him it was $2 before departing, and he agreed. Sunset Beach was a nice beach, not crowded at all, no bothersome locals trying to sell you stuff while you are on the beach. The food was simply OK - the restaurant had a very modest buffet, which, to tell you the truth, wasn't too appealing. The desserts looked pretty good though. They also have a "grill" where you can get burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, and jerk chicken. Although it wasn't crowded on the day we were there, we had to stand on line for 10-15 minutes for the grill. Drinks were ok.

You can see it from the port if you know what to look for, and you are high enough up....it's about 5 minutes away...depending on if the cabbie stays on all 4 wheels or goes stunt crazy....lol

There is also a nude/topless beach down the way on the other end of the last bar....

Free use of snorkel equipment, but most of the reef is dead, plenty of fish though..

Free use of boats etc...drinks, food...but you have to be dry and dressed fully to go into the indoor restaurant....

We really liked it there...if we go back, we will do it again:)

And your belongings are safe...despite the lack of lockers....I had over $1300 worth of professional camera equipment and was able to leave it in my beach chair without worries....

Here is a pic from the beach there....

DSC_0004_web.jpg

You can see it from the port if you know what to look for, and you are high enough up....it's about 5 minutes away...depending on if the cabbie stays on all 4 wheels or goes stunt crazy....lol

There is also a nude/topless beach down the way on the other end of the last bar....

Free use of snorkel equipment, but most of the reef is dead, plenty of fish though..

Free use of boats etc...drinks, food...but you have to be dry and dressed fully to go into the indoor restaurant....

We really liked it there...if we go back, we will do it again:)

And your belongings are safe...despite the lack of lockers....I had over $1300 worth of professional camera equipment and was able to leave it in my beach chair without worries....

Here is a pic from the beach there....

love the photo's got a webpage to share your trip?? :)

• 2 weeks later...
love the photo's got a webpage to share your trip?? :)

I have an online photography portfolio with some of the shots from the trip in it....I keep meaning to build a vacation page, just have not got around to it...lol

Here is the portfolio...

http://krazeric.deviantart.com/gallery/

and my website...I'll eventually have a vacation page linked from it....

http://krazeimages.com

Can day trippers drop kids off at the childrens program?

I just called the resort, (876-979-8800) and was told that we can use the children's program and it is included in the price! Plus children under 3 are free! They take children in the program at 2 and up. This is just too good to be true, a 2 year old is free and they provide free babysitting/group activities for them. Sunset Beach here we come!!!

Archived